PDA

View Full Version : What new feature would you most want to see in Daedalus R5? poll

infernomax
May 6th, 2006, 07:54
Personally i would like savestate...

crossfadeking
May 6th, 2006, 08:05
savestate. as when you play it is slow and you can get tired of playing easily. so you want to be able to go back to it later.

highestgrade
May 6th, 2006, 08:14
speed, im not worried about beating a game yet, right now im just messing around having fun.

i say wait till about 10-15 fps until save state

BALL_SAC
May 6th, 2006, 08:59
I say speed as well... save needs to wait for a good while. I say performance, and then sound support

V3N0M
May 6th, 2006, 09:06
right performence first then everything else next. Rom compatiblity then save state then a good control set up.

dazman
May 6th, 2006, 10:14
"right performance first then everything else next. Rom compatibility then save state then a good control set up"

I would agree with this format.

shadowprophet
May 6th, 2006, 11:42
Speed is first and formost. Its the most complicated problem aswell, Id love to see sound and savestates. But speed is what we should be worrying about right now ;)

Drunken
May 6th, 2006, 23:58
Save state all the way :) im the type that hates going through the same Stuff over and over again its annoying as hell :)

Shadowblind
May 7th, 2006, 00:46
Ah, nobody says sound. 'Course speed would make the sound better, so I'll go with that

ukcuf16
May 7th, 2006, 00:58
1.Definately speed
2.More Rom support
3.Save State
4.More Textures
5.C buttons.

Those are mine :)

acn010
May 7th, 2006, 02:55
is it supposed to be graphic first, then speed, then sound, then save state?
thats what most games were made like that, am i wrong?

Harshboy
May 7th, 2006, 02:56
1.Definately speed
2.More Rom support
3.Save State
4.More Textures
5.C buttons.

I have the same idea, except i would switch 3 and 4 so it would be:

1) Speed
2) Rom Support
3) More Textures
4) Save State
5) C Buttons

But honestly, the last two on my list wont be hard, so thats why we do the hard work first, then slow down/relax and do the easy work ;)

Also, a semi-related plead about C Buttons, the controls. I think these will be cool: PSP/N64

L/L
R/R
Dpad/Dpad
Analog/Analog
X/A
O/B
Start/Start
[]+Dpad direction/ C button (x4)
Triangle/Z

.....some argue that L isnt used, so if we dont need it, L on the PSP can become Z for the N64

...sorry about that, just listing my thoughts :p

Cloud_35
May 7th, 2006, 03:37
I agree.

You should take the sound as a priority, but anyway, I think you should improve speed.

Note that Super Smash Bros. works VERY slow, and the gfx are not so good like in Mario 64 or Maro Kart 64, which run perfectly (no sound and a little slow but anyway, better) on the little fella.

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 04:20
Speed and sound would be great!

dark zarkon
May 7th, 2006, 21:26
i think that a good list is:

1- speed
2- texture
3- save state
4- sound
5- wifi...

GeEkPiE
May 8th, 2006, 22:10
1.Definately speed
2.More Rom support
3.Save State
4.More Textures
5.C buttons.

I agree speed more important than anything else

John Vattic
May 8th, 2006, 23:23
like this:

1.speed
2.saves
3.sound
4. compatibillity
5.(very far off future)wi fi

lordnibbla
May 13th, 2006, 04:53
Go for the speed first, its most important. The other things dont matter as much without it.

F9zDark
May 13th, 2006, 06:56
Problem is, add all that speed, then add things on top like more textures and sound? Speed will be reduced.

I'd say, get everything visually perfect. Make it so there are no missing textures, no missing sprites, no funky outlines around sprites, etc.

Then get the speed going. A rom is playable without sound (for the most part). But missing textures? I am sorry, but no one can play without the necessary textures.

Speed, granted is a huge plus as well. But its a problem that is only compounded by visual and audio components.

Get all the textures working and increase the speed to about 30fps across the board for most roms, and we can at least play some games while we wait for the creature comforts like sound, c-buttons, save state, etc.

ukcuf16
May 13th, 2006, 07:37
ya hes right

Nemu64
May 15th, 2006, 23:33
Ok my opinion:
1.GFX-(agrees with f9)
2.Audio
3.Save State Support
4.Wifi (adhoc for those golden yrs of Golden Eye to play with others)
5.Cheat Code - Implementation
6.C-Button Config (had an dumb Idea maybe the L button can be used along with the up,down,right,left buttons and the analog could be used to move or vise versa, either way i can use both.)
I wish there was a rumble on the PSP lol, that be kool-not really a list but just a thought.
7.Ok i have both versions, with a 4 gig datel i have plenty of space, but i really dont like having to locations for both just really bout organizations,maybe Strnm can implent the N64 folder in the root, or they can collaborate and both can be used, at the same time like the surreal64 which used various emulators with one rom folder on the xbox.
8.possibly keep away to capture Screens from both emulators its kinda cool to share with the community with screens of wat ur playing.
will post more if I think of anything

if anyone needs me or has questions email me at [email protected] im not a coder, proggrammer etc but I do read a lot bout the PSP Scene and if u got a newb question just ask