PDA

View Full Version : IntoDream - a WIP guide to making a portable DreamCast

bacteria
September 2nd, 2009, 16:29
Hi!

I am making quite good progress in making a handheld portable DreamCast portable system.

It is a big project requiring a lot of modding work.

If you are interested in seeing work to date, and pics/videos, please visit this site! (http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=441)

quzar
September 3rd, 2009, 02:01
I've been following your work in the past around the circles, assembler benheck etc.

The biggest piece of advice, that I've mentioned to many who have attempted this is to invest a tiny bit of time and research to find a va2 Dreamcast.

Those, the last revisions, have the entire gd-rom subboard integrated into the motherboard. This makes portabilization a MUCH easier prospect, and despite rumours, they are MIL-CD compatible ;).

Good luck finishing up.

bacteria
September 3rd, 2009, 08:57
Thanks for the kind comments!

Only DreamCast's I get are from car boot sales, got 3 and they are all the same; separate boards, 1999 models!

The DreamCast isn't one of my favourite platforms in regards to games I must say, there are a few good ones but not many IMHO. Out of the few I have, the games I really want to play on it are Quake 3, Shenmue and Cosmic Smash; especially Quake 3.