PDA

View Full Version : R4i function problems

Bigdonkey1
September 2nd, 2009, 17:03
i just got an R4i "gold" today, eager to begin fiddling with new games on the update console i installed the system stuff and transfered over my files from my ds lite R4.

the problems arose when i tried to start up a game and turn on cheats. the game in question, fire emblem. was one that i had played numerous times on the previous card but this time when i went to activate cheats with the Y button. it informed me that there were none found. i tried a few more games and about half of them worked. half didn't

i removed the card and and put it back in my computer. removed all the wasted space games in the cheat database. and tried again. to no effect. what's more is that once i loaded a game. the save had disapeared. asking me to begin anew, even though i had transfered the .SAV file into the file aswell.

well after that i put it back in the computer again and saw something strange. after all the games that the cheats had worked on. there was a duplicate .cht file for every rom. and what's more i tried deleting my saves to load from a backup once creating new .sav files in the R4i itself. but the games that i had tried to load and presented me with a new game, the .sav files could not be found.

what i am asking is what has happened to my saves and how to import my older ones and how can i add cheats to the games that don't have any seeing as the cheat database seems to not have any effect on them anymore and this .cht file is what i need.

i have the R4i gold version and the kernel was unnamed.

thank you for the help