PDA

View Full Version : Recommend N64 games to try with new psp emu's...

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 10:37
Hello, i thought since everyone is hyped up about N64 emu's coming to the psp. People can start recommending games to try with the new emulaters coming to the PSP. (Of course it must be a game that you own.) Give your your feed back here on this thread.

Here is a little history of the N64...

I'm not at will to say where i got the info from. This is not my own review on the history of N64... got some stupid comments when people should be on topic rather than complaining about where i got my info from. Hopefully this should shut them up lol ....

The N64 is one of the most controversial consoles ever made. Ok so it’s not as controversial as the Virtual Boy, but there was one simple thing that set it apart: cartridges. “Carts” have many disadvantages. Firstly, they are very expensive to produce (some say almost 25 dollars!) compared to the discs used in the PSX and the ill fated Saturn, which drove away many 3rd party developárs. Secondly, they are much smaller than discs, and games cannot span multiple carts which was severely limiting, particularly to RPG makers (though some great RPGs such as Paper Mario were made for it and resident evil 2 was successfully ported over on one of the later more advanced carts). Finally, Audio was tricky to do well (though it was possible to do fantastic audio (i.e. Perfect Dark) and video quality couldn’t compare to the PSX. So why did they use carts? Well, the most obvious advantage is the lack of loading times. This is excellent from an artistic standpoint, particularly for large sprawling games like Legend of Zelda or Super Mario 64 which would be infernally dull if a new loading time was introduced every 5 seconds. Also, extra RAM could be stored in cartridges allowing for more complex games (though the amount of RAM was obviously limited by cost). Lastly, while CDs are very easily damaged and scratched, cartridges can last pretty much forever.

Despite these unbalanced facts, along with a terrible controller (though it was the first successful system to use an analog stick and rumble, which makes emulation unsuitable for many games unless a joystick or joypad is used) the N64 is considered by many to be the best Nintendo system ever made due to it’s massive catalogue of innovative and fun games (in fact it was recently voted the best system period on G4Techtv’s Filter).

Recommended picks: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Paper Mario, Mario Kart 64 and Rayman 2: the Great Escape

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 10:47
There are many games and people want reviews on whats good and whats not.

Also this is to talk about N64 recommendations and other stuff that is along the lines of N64 emulation on the psp. Hopefully this will let people to disscuss things on that topic without bothering psmonkey or Stremnenm-(or what ever his name is its hard to spell lol)

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 10:53
Castlevania 64 one of the best ever N64 games. In my opinion.

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 10:54
um... Smash Bros. thats a classic lol

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 10:57
Yeah and i always liked ISS '98. The amount of hours i wasted playing that game!

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 10:58
never heard of that game. What is it?

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 10:59
Soccer. If you like soccer, thats one of the best games for it. Even now i still play it!

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 11:04
I am a huge soccer fan i played it for 10 yrs in AYSO- not video games real soccer. But i never really liked playing it on a game. Maby i will try it someday.

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 11:04
I wonder if Inidana Jones will work on this. Il try it out. gimme 5 mins

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 11:05
Rampage was a good game but got a little repetive after playin it for a while.

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 11:06
I wonder if Inidana Jones will work on this. Il try it out. gimme 5 mins

How big is the rom file because Legend of Zelda plays - really slow but it plays and that is like 30 Mb.

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 11:08
I hated that! im just trying Indiana now...

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 11:10
No it doesnt work. It doesnt on Pc either unfortuantly.

And how can we forget to mention Resident Evil 2!

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 11:14
ya that one is good. But Perfect Dark is good from what i heard. never actualy played it.
I bet indiana will work eventually. it probaly does not have the right plugin.

jaws365
May 7th, 2006, 11:15
F-Zero X
1080 Snowboarding

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 11:16
yeah it's something to to with the video plugin. No PC N64 emu supports it either due to "unsupported video"

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 11:20
um...Banjio tooie- i think i spelled that right that was a fun game

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 11:21
hey jaws was that snowbaoeding game fun? never heard of it.

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 11:24
yeah i think the banjoo kazooie/tooie series was the best platform games outside of the super mario series.

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 11:24
residient evil 2 file is huge that might be one game that will never work but who knows it might its over 60 Mb!

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 11:26
A great game for (Daedelus) on the psp on the go would be mario tennis.

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 11:27
was that good?

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 11:32
good?? it was brilliant! the most fun tennis game i have ever played. and i hate tennis!

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 11:32
Diddy Kong Racing was good. The set up i think was even better than Mario Kart.

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 11:33
You could start some controversy there. LOL!

It was a relly good game though.

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 11:34
how could i forget Goldeneye best shooter and i heard Perfect dark was just as good to.

Its good to have 1.5 right now. lol and another great title was Tom Clancy's Rainbow six

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 11:42
007 the worlds not enough sucked ass lol the only thing i liked was being able to play it vs the computer on hard with a couple of friends playin on a team. I don't think it was even made by the same company and i notice that the grafix were worse than Goldeneye.

SoQb0nc5r
May 7th, 2006, 12:44
smash bros 64 and mario kart 64 FTW!

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 12:52
Yeah 007 the worlds not enough wasnt great. smash bros was one of the best multi-player games ever!

SHAKIRALOVER
May 7th, 2006, 12:54
Goldeneye is the greatest game ever.

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 12:57
Blast Corps. One of the most original games i have ever played!

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 12:59
Legend of zelda : master quest

GaMeR_2000
May 7th, 2006, 18:19
[/QUOTE]Rampage was a good game but got a little repetive after playin it for a while.
[QUOTE]
OHHHHHH YEAH!!!!!!! A little? Try a lot. Plus it was better than good. It was great until the 3rd or 4th hour. It was still fun after that but REALLY repetitive.

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 20:50
Another great game was Bomberman fun multiplayer and single player as well i also think it was one of the first release games released with the N64.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 02:13
Star fox 64.

metalspector
May 8th, 2006, 02:18
OMG are you all crazy , everyone know the best game was Elmo's letter journey and superman , it show that none of you ever played great games.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 04:37
OMG are you all crazy , everyone know the best game was Elmo's letter journey and superman , it show that none of you ever played great games.

LOL I'm going to take that as a joke. I hope to god u never played something that brain washing lol. Another great game was tony hawk pro skater and the entire series i don't even skateboard and that game was fun.

joshk525
May 8th, 2006, 05:57
metalspectors an idiot hes the one who aways disses monkeys emu

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 06:02
metalspectors an idiot hes the one who aways disses monkeys emu

at least he put game down. Please stay on topic. Its ok to talk about anything aloung the lines N64 and the emulation on the psp.

joshk525
May 8th, 2006, 06:20
Killer Instinct Gold was pretty good

joshk525
May 8th, 2006, 06:23
so was Star Wars Episode 1 racer

Jsr_101918
May 8th, 2006, 09:13
Star Wars-Shadows of the Empire, pretty cool game

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 21:27
The Army men series was pretty fun. I haven't played those games in years.

Shadowblind
May 8th, 2006, 21:38
Duke Nukem Zero Hour

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 21:40
Duke Nukem Zero Hour

Never heard of that game. Is it any good?

DessyDago
May 8th, 2006, 21:41
Never heard of that game. Is it any good?

yes lots of fun, i want some turok 2 on my psp :D

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 22:12
is that like jurassic park?

DessyDago
May 8th, 2006, 22:24
haha kinda, but your a pissed off indian with incredible cool weapons and great graphics with a nice sound score, set out to destroy evil (which come in many different formulas, but mostly dinoasuars and deformed dinosaurs). It's just a fps that was made incredibly well.

DessyDago
May 8th, 2006, 22:26
imagine the ememies as prehistoric animals on steroids and smarter.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 22:38
lol cool.

LAMPRO
May 8th, 2006, 23:07
turok 2, goldeneye, mariokart, mariotennis, diddykong racing, 1080. done.

metalspector
May 8th, 2006, 23:09
OMG I got to play on Daelus R4 version this great games

1. Elmo's letter journey
2. superman
3. pokemon stadium
4. pokemon stadium 2
5. tetris
6. a star trek game
7. pokemon snap
8. mario party
9. monopoly

V3N0M
May 9th, 2006, 08:16
Wipe out is a fun game been around a long time on many game systems including the psp.

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 09:40
sanfran rush exterme racing,castlevania 64,earth worm jim, zelda, and mario extreme g, work gr8

BUT F-ZERO X WORKS AT A WHOPING 20-28 FPS

Cooe14
May 10th, 2006, 23:25
Hello, i thought since everyone is hyped up about N64 emu's coming to the psp. People can start recommending games to try with the new emulaters coming to the PSP. (Of course it must be a game that you own.) Give your your feed back here on this thread.

Here is a little history of the N64...

The N64 is one of the most controversial consoles ever made. Ok so it’s not as controversial as the Virtual Boy, but there was one simple thing that set it apart: cartridges. “Carts” have many disadvantages. Firstly, they are very expensive to produce (some say almost 25 dollars!) compared to the discs used in the PSX and the ill fated Saturn, which drove away many 3rd party developers. Secondly, they are much smaller than discs, and games cannot span multiple carts which was severely limiting, particularly to RPG makers (though some great RPGs such as Paper Mario were made for it and resident evil 2 was successfully ported over on one of the later more advanced carts). Finally, Audio was tricky to do well (though it was possible to do fantastic audio (i.e. Perfect Dark) and video quality couldn’t compare to the PSX. So why did they use carts? Well, the most obvious advantage is the lack of loading times. This is excellent from an artistic standpoint, particularly for large sprawling games like Legend of Zelda or Super Mario 64 which would be infernally dull if a new loading time was introduced every 5 seconds. Also, extra RAM could be stored in cartridges allowing for more complex games (though the amount of RAM was obviously limited by cost). Lastly, while CDs are very easily damaged and scratched, cartridges can last pretty much forever.

Despite these unbalanced facts, along with a terrible controller (though it was the first successful system to use an analog stick and rumble, which makes emulation unsuitable for many games unless a joystick or joypad is used) the N64 is considered by many to be the best Nintendo system ever made due to it’s massive catalogue of innovative and fun games (in fact it was recently voted the best system period on G4Techtv’s Filter).

Recommended picks: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Paper Mario, Mario Kart 64 and Rayman 2: the Great Escape
Dude don't plagiarize its not cool, give credit (that article) when its due.

V3N0M
May 11th, 2006, 00:00
Dude don't plagiarize its not cool, give credit (that article) when its due.

Hey Cooe14 i would but then i would be giving a rom site name and thats against the rules. I would if i could.

This is also my thread and u need to follow by my rules. Now please stay on topic.

stotheamuel
May 11th, 2006, 00:25
I hated that!(LOZOOT) im just trying Indiana now...

:confused: whats wrong with you

that has to be the best game ever

ps dont use rom sites :p

V3N0M
May 11th, 2006, 00:56
You all need to chill. It was a little history on N64. I did not use a rom site. I got info and like i said earler i would give them credit but it is a rom site and i can't say the name thats why. Now this is my thread i don't want any more spam on this topic. Stay on topic.I am an easy going guy. You may talk about anything aloung the lines of N64 games and emulation for the psp. Any more talk off topic talk will not be tolerated. NOW THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M GOING TO SAY THIS, STAY ON TOPIC. Now i understand your point so i change it. Happy now lol.