PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Island Dizzy for PSP 2.7 Firmware Users

wraggster
May 7th, 2006, 11:24
Shallan (http://www12.asphost4free.com/) has released Treasure Island Dizzy for PSP 2.7 Firmware Users, heres some details:

<blockquote>After a busy week Im finally at the stage where im ready to release the first test alpha of Treasure Island Dizzy in Flash. This has been coded with firmware 2.7 in mind, so dont expect high end flash crispness as this has been sacrificed for speed.

This alpha release should be fully playable from beginning to end, but of course the whole point of this alpha is to track down game stopping bugs and see what sort of things people would like to see added.

As this has been made for the PSP somethings have either been left out permanently or until the game is optimised enough to do them. The game map and graphics are based on the NES version of the game and solution, and contains a few (hopefully not too noticable) changes to the original. The music was extracted from the C64 version as a SID and resampled to mp3 with slight changes and instrument additions.

The release can be found through my PSP formatted website @ http://www12.asphost4free.com/shallan/ browse to the game section there

Although it will run from the website, im sure with freehosting this could take sometime if repeatedly accessed by more than about 2 people so the best way to play this is to highlight the game link in the PSP browser, then go to File->Save link target in the browser options and save to the memory card. If saved in default location it can then be accessed offline by typing the following link into the browser : "file:/PSP/COMMON/Dizzy.swf"

Controls
Dpad left and right : Move Dizzy
Dpad down : Open inventory
X button : Jump/Start game/Close message</blockquote>

Download and Screens Via Comments - Give Feedback

Hawq
May 7th, 2006, 17:06
If only I had a PSP, I still fondly remember that egg from the Speccy days

PsychoSync
May 7th, 2006, 20:42
Well you can still play that game in internet explorer, its a flash game... Thanks Shallan for this, I loved to play Dizzy on the NES.

Hawq
May 8th, 2006, 18:20
Sadly IE loses out in the portable stakes tohugh so no egg fun on the train/in the car/on the khazi, well that & I have the original to run on my PC anyway

m64fan
May 8th, 2006, 21:13
is this on 1.5

under_0ath777
May 9th, 2006, 00:30
download flash assisstant++, it has a flash loader

:D

alfredo-man
May 14th, 2006, 08:14
it would be great that someone make an Heli atack
or a shooter flash game for psp

shrimpidy
May 14th, 2006, 14:32
I don't know very much about flash but would it be possible to make attack of the mutants for 2.7? I just love that game! The heli attack idea is pretty good too. Is it possible to watch flash movies cus I've been trying to play the magic mentos video with the web browser but with no luck.

Ketan
May 15th, 2006, 20:20
i know i might seemlike a bit dumb but i dont know where to put the file on my psp and how to play it on my psp so can someone plz help me, thanks

superfly
May 16th, 2006, 03:23
Hey, i wonder what he used to make this, cause ied like to give it a shot and make some flash games, but i caNT FIGORE OUT WHAT I NEED, can someone give me a clue to what i need, and how to possibly get it to work with the psp, thanks

superfly
May 16th, 2006, 03:46
by the way, if you go to his web site, http://www12.asphost4free.com/shallan/ , and move the cerser over treasure island dizzy or switch or whatever, and press tringle. go to file on the list and click save link target, after that save it in PSP/COMMON/ . now go into your broser, evon if your not near a hot spot, and type in file:/PSP/COMMON/Dizzy.swf or
file:/PSP/COMMON/switch.swf
you should be able to play it when ever you want, if you read his post, he said kindof the same thing, but im doing this from the psp.
NOTE:if he has more games out besure to remeber what the name.swf is and and put it wear the dizzy or switch is

superfly
May 16th, 2006, 03:50
by the way, if you go to his web site, http://www12.asphost4free.com/shallan/ , and move the cerser over treasure island dizzy or switch or whatever, and press tringle. go to file on the list and click save link target, after that save it in PSP/COMMON/ . now go into your broser, evon if your not near a hot spot, and type in file:/PSP/COMMON/Dizzy.swf or
file:/PSP/COMMON/switch.swf
you should be able to play it when ever you want, if you read his post, he said kindof the same thing, but im doing this from the psp.
NOTE:if he has more games out besure to remeber what the name.swf is and and put it wear the dizzy or switch is

also on note, im not trying to be a know it all, but some might not know this, and ill do what i can, im stuck with 2.7 so i cant do any home brew things yet, thats why i need help the the flash, thank you agen:p

musicfreak00
May 20th, 2006, 01:24
Dude I can't get past the second screen.

If someone knows could they PM me.

greg6958
May 21st, 2006, 17:38
Not Working On My 2.7

TheSceneKid
May 22nd, 2006, 16:12
great game
retro!

anyone kno of a linux download for psp??

Whynot101
May 26th, 2006, 00:09
hmm. These games are ok. If only there were a shooter like those guys said.

GamefreQ
May 26th, 2006, 04:04
You need to download flash Mx. 30 day free trial or buy it. get it from the downloads section at www.albinoblacksheep.com (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com)
also you can save flash files anywhere on your psp. just remember it and type it into your browser and bookmark it. Remember that all flash files must end in .swf. For flash games it is only possible in PSP 2.7 with the X button (mouse click) and arrow keys. you cannot reassign the buttons so if there is a flash game which requires you to right click or use the space bar or any letter or number, you are out of luck. For example if you save the dizzy game to your psp save it file:/psp/common/dizzy.swf or [anywhere else]/dizzy.swf any more questions?

spatsa-Ghost
June 21st, 2006, 04:53
ok so wait i think i may wan tto make a flash game for the psp on the tetris game they made it ^ to spin the blocks so can i just make it like a side scroller and make x (click) to atack and ^ to jump then <> to move and down to crouch would that work???

Tron_Fan
June 21st, 2006, 22:30
Yes,

So far the only keys the PSP can map to in Flash are the arrow keys (corresponding to the directional pad on the PSP) and the mouse click (X).

I think I read somewhere once where the (O) will map to the escape key, but I couldn't get that to work.

Also, the mouse itself can be tracked and used as an event (i.e. making something follow the mouse pointer which is the analog stick on the PSP).

Too bad we can't map the Space Bar. There have been some decent .swf files I have seen that are not playable on the PSP because you cannot map the SPACE bar.

TCLCloud
July 8th, 2006, 15:54
How do you play this game? I walked into the second part of the level with the water but i just dont know what to do? Any ideas?

melol2
July 14th, 2006, 03:21
lol i no its ike rigged