PDA

View Full Version : Before I downgrade... again... MPH Firmware Loader, PSP customization questions

NeonGenesis
May 8th, 2006, 02:14
I got my PSP near the end of last year, running firmware version 1.51 out of the box. After the 1.5 downgrader first came out, I followed the process and downgraded to 1.5, using one of the emulation packs, and left it be for a while. I only had sporadic PC/Internet access, so it was some time before I discovered the eLoader software, and chose at that time to update my firmware back to 2.0 to take advantage of the web browser and theme settings.

However, I've come to the conclusion that I'd be better off back on v1.5. There are (were) three reasons that had been standing in my way. One, playing GTA. This is obviously not an issue due to the UMD loaders available now. Two, the web browser. And three, the ability to customize my theme/wallpaper settings.

Now, after some looking through the DCEmu site a bit, I've come to the conclusion that these two issues are potentially solvable. So, I have a couple of questions.

First, what is the safest method of changing my background/wallpaper on a 1.5 PSP? I would be satisfied with either locking it into a single color scheme (the standard dark blue, the only one I like...) or a single wallpaper image. I don't require any other customizations (sounds, loading videos, fonts, etc.) I am aware there are several options, but I'd like to use the one with the least chance of negative consequences to my PSP, and don't know which one that would be.

Second, does the use of the MPH Firmware loader allow me to use the Web Browser of later firmwares on my 1.5 PSP, without affecting my 1.5 functionality? I don't use the web browser with any regularity, so I don't mind if it takes a few minutes to get to it, but I can't easily bear the loss of my browser!

Thanks ahead of time for any help, it will greatly smooth my transition back to 1.5

CoderX
May 8th, 2006, 05:19
Use the Links2 Browser it is much faster then the 2.XX Browser and also has java support.

Inu268
May 8th, 2006, 05:46
^he is right the links browser is way faster....
back last year i used pspersonalize to change my psp wallpaper....it is easy to use...dunno if there are any better apps to do this now, but if you just want to change your wallpaper pspersonalize gets the job done