PDA

View Full Version : Emulators for the PSP Whats Good and Whats Not

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 06:57
Hello i thought i would start this thread for people wondering what are the best emu's for every Game System for the psp.

For example: what are the best emu's for...

SNES-
Sega-
NES-
GBC-
GBA-
N64-(still under construction but you can give your Reviews)
Neo Geo CD-
Neo Geo Pocket color-
Neo Geo AES-(There isn't one yet but if your intrested in helping me find someone who can help make this great Game System for psp go to my other thread... "Neo Geo AES - Looking for a talented coder")

and any others you can think of...

Give your reviews on what is the best for every Game System and every FirmWare 1.5 and 2.xx+ and put what firmware the emulater is best for at the top of your post. So people know what emulater is best for their firmware version...

infernomax
May 8th, 2006, 07:24
SNES- = Snes9xtyl 0.4
Sega- = DGEN 1.40

Davidov
May 8th, 2006, 09:25
For me it would have to be;

Sega Mastersystem = SMS PlUS 1.2
Sega Megadrive = PSPGenesis-v0.18c

Just found that they worked quickly on my psp and handled .zipped up ROMS (handy if u have every Sega Rom known to man on ur mem stick).

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 13:37
Right now. all the homebrew I have on my psp is

Snes *Snestyl 04*
nes *latest version of nester j*
Gb *latest version of rin *
N64 emu , That dadedaddyulus one lol <-- is awear its miss spelled :P dadelus I think its called.

beats of rage and sevral mods,
duke 3d
and
quake 2 :p
I only pick up the best of the best as far as homebrew is concerned , (in my eyes anyway)
So my list speaks for itself :cool:

r8cer
May 8th, 2006, 19:52
NES - Nesterj 1.20 (beta) but its quick Best I Think

Neogeo - NEOCDPSP_5U4 Once again I Love It

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 21:20
I made this thread because now and days there are so many emulater for many Game Systems for the psp. This helps people to figure out what are the best emu's for there FirmWare. Instead of figuring out the hard way like i did and finaly have the best emu's for every game system and FW.

It also helps people to decide when many people agree or disagree on what emu's they should try.

V3N0M
May 9th, 2006, 08:35
Best sega in my opinion for 1.5 is...

Sega Gen- DGEN- The only one with Ad-hoc wifi

WideEyedFox
May 9th, 2006, 15:18
For those not lucky enough to own a 1.5 PSP, I am running the following on my V2.6 using eLoader (http://www.noobz.eu/) from Fanjita and Ditlew (+ GTA:LCS).

NeocdPSP 0.8 (http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi#gen) from Yoyofr - probably my most played emulator, with over 1.5Gb of ROMS on my memory stick.

snes9xTYL 0.4.1 (http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi#gen) also from Yoyofr - works fine on 99% of games, speed needs tweaking for some. Great for the classic RPG's.

DoomPSPV005 - works great, no problems at all (as long as you have the wads).

Plus some Homebrew like Attack of the Mutants, and Kill everything that Moves. A "working" list in on the eLoader site <here (http://www.noobz.eu/content/gta_working.html)>.

Hope that helps in some way.

WideEyedFox.

Cross
May 12th, 2006, 02:36
Even after all this time SNES TYL is stil on top lol nice to see some things have not changed :p

dkwan20
May 15th, 2006, 03:57
what are the best

nes
snes
sega
gbc/gba

that will run with fanjita??

Cooe14
May 15th, 2006, 04:32
Sega Genesis- DGEN 1.5
Snes- Snes TYL 4.2
GBA- GBA emulator for PSP 1.0
N64- M64 2.0

That's about it for me.

tophead420
June 1st, 2006, 12:04
k me being a 2.6er i can help all well most all 2.0-2,6users *****note i still need to try a few of the newer version of some of these emus*******
snes9xTYL4.2
dgen 1.3**1.4 not work for me***
GeMP{gbc emu}
Homers rin3.2{gb gbc} use this if you dont like GeMP
PSPGBA**runs slow but all gba emus 4 psp do**
Daedalus64 R4 release**worked better then M64 for me**
PSPSMS v5
PCEP07{turbo grafix emu}
:D

aaroncort
June 2nd, 2006, 01:48
Is there an GBA emulator that works well enough to play many games?

V3N0M
June 2nd, 2006, 01:50
Not yet. Actualy a N64 emu is running faster with better progress so far lol.

MarcusOF
June 3rd, 2006, 09:45
snes = snes9xTYL-0.4.2 :cool:
GB/GBC = Homersrin v32 :D
Nes = NesterJ v1.20alfa :)

psp firmware: 2.0

eboot loader = eloader 0.9.7 nocache with Emenu final.

I installed the eloader completly (TIFF version and GTA version) and use GTA to start the eloader.
You should be able to load eloader and emu without the GTA version using only the TIFF version on a 2.0 firmware but i noticed that the eloader and emu's run a lot more stable when started through GTA.

When i only used the TIFF version the eloader crashed a lot while loading and the emu's wouldn't load most of the time.
Through the GTA version the eloader never fails to load and the emu's work perfect. can close one down and start another emu without the psp crashing.