PDA

View Full Version : Installing a new PSP motherboard

Zion
May 8th, 2006, 13:19
Is it risky installing a new motherboard in a psp? Ive bought one on ebay with v1.5 installed on it. Are all psp motherboards the same size? And could it brick my psp?

Could there be a chance it could fry the motherboard?

And does anyone have a guide to safely taking out the old motherboard and installing a new one?

Has anyone tried this?

Im using 1003 v2.6 psp.

Thanks

cloud_952
May 8th, 2006, 21:02
I suggest that you look for the guides that surfaced online about a year ago that show, step by step, how to take apart every piece of your PSP. The one I found showed images of every step.

O_o Also.. you do have reasonable skill with taking apart electronics, right? And know to practice proper preventive measures, such as keeping yourself grounded, and being in a relatively dust-free environment..

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 21:36
Is it risky installing a new motherboard in a psp? Ive bought one on ebay with v1.5 installed on it. Are all psp motherboards the same size? And could it brick my psp?

Could there be a chance it could fry the motherboard?

And does anyone have a guide to safely taking out the old motherboard and installing a new one?

Has anyone tried this?

Im using 1003 v2.6 psp.

Thanks

Unless you know what your doing i would suggest that you don't make the same mistake i once made... I was trying to mod my ps2 to play imported games and broke it because i didn't know what i was doing. So unless you are know what your doing i would not do that because if it does not work then you wont have a psp anymore. Just word from expierence.