PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 team at work on portable

wraggster
May 9th, 2006, 01:29
Via Gamesindustry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=16719)

Author Dean Takahashi has claimed in his new book, The Xbox 360 Uncloaked, that half of Microsoft's Xbox 360 hardware team has moved onto a portable hardware project - designed to compete with Nintendo's DS and Sony's PSP - since the launch of the next gen machine.

Takahashi claims the team was split in two following the launch, leaving the other half to work solely on reduced production costs of Xbox 360.

According to the writer, the portable is planned to be released halfway into Xbox 360's lifespan, a strategy to assuage the crippling costs of moving through hardware cycles. Sony, obviously, has employed a similar approach with PS2 and PSP.

A Microsoft gaming handheld has been long-rumoured, the latest occurrence adding fuel to this particular fire being the release of a movie for the company's Origami project. A promotional video for the handheld PC showed Halo 2 running on its screen.

dtothabreezy
May 9th, 2006, 03:34
hella ya but i think that it may just be the oragami thing

Joe88
May 9th, 2006, 06:14
I laugh from all this bs.

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 11:12
the origami is due in like 5 years and its not a PORTABLE 360 eather....its a portable xbox 1.....five years from now....WTF,,,,,

even now there are what 3 games worth having TOTAL fable ninjagaiden and halo 2 ....

please....get real microsoft quit stalling and get in or get the fk out

MadMonkee
May 9th, 2006, 15:07
http://www.aeropause.com/archives/xboxportable.jpg

Mobile Magazine has photos of a rather well designed "XBOX portable" protoype game machine called XBOX Velocity.

"To protect its delicate, ultrabright display, the screen flips up like the Nintendo DS's. But the Velocity offers a PSP-size viewing area by expanding the screen to span nearly the entire base."

I think it looks alright, it better come out soon though I am getting bored of PSP. Nothing worth a crap buying is out for it as far as games go. I was so hyped about Worms, we all saw the tragic end of that release. Plus, I mean what idiot would upgrade to 2.7 and lose all the homebrew for shit games?

Joe88
May 9th, 2006, 23:40
That pic looks so fake.

Shadowblind
May 10th, 2006, 00:04
That thing looks like crap