PDA

View Full Version : Help with my psp fat

Sonikdave
September 9th, 2009, 21:09
Hey everybody!

Hoping I can get some help here, I was told this is the place to get any psp questions answered so I thought I'd give it a shot! Bear with me, I'm going to go through the history...

I bought a fat psp years and years ago with 1.50 firmware and then flashed the psp for custom firmware a long time ago with the software I downloaded off the internet.. can't remember what software since it was so long ago.. Anyhow the problems started happening after I upgraded to a newer version and re-flashed as I couldn't play a lot of the newer games about a year ago. I found that when I pushed buttons on the psp it would not respond but would make a noise like I pushed the button but the menu would not move. I tried the upgrade again and it failed and somehow bricked my psp. I had a recovery mode option so it was just a semi brick so I was able to restore it but didn't have any luck fixing it and ended up somehow with a full brick.

flash forward a year or so later I hear about pandora battery and magic memory stick so I ordered one of each off the internet and tried to flash it but it froze on flash 1. So I read somewhere that I should re-format the flash memory with a program that I had to rename to backup.elf and put on the memory stick. This sucked because I was hoping I would just be able to get the pandora battery and magic memory stick and all would be well.

So I went and bought another cheap used psp to put the program on the memory stick so it worked and formatted the flash memory finding a bad memory block(1670) but it re-flashed the psp and I thought my problems were solved. Well when the psp restarted I noticed I was having the same problem when I hit the button the noise went but it did not do anything just like before.

Then I got the blue error screen telling me to push circle to restore the original settings and it bricked it again. So I formatted again and unbricked and it just did the same thing. So I read somewhere that I needed to download the latest version of despertar del cementerio I got version 7.77... I backed up all the files on the memory stick and installed despertar del cementerio and followed the instructions downloading 4.01 official sony and saving it as 401.pbp in the root directory and popped in the pandora battery. I formatted the flash with this new program, this time it found two bad blocks(1670 and 2046)..

I used the nand operations options option from the menu and picked idstorage tools to create new idstorage and then I installed the 4.01 m33-2 software and again I thought my problems were solved... Now sometimes when I go into the system information to check the software version I get the red screen error saying contact customer service or a blue screen if I go into the network settings.. Sometimes the buttons work sometimes they don't, it seemed very unstable.

I just tried to re-do the steps again and I've made it worse.. now the PSP won't even turn on without the pandora battery in... It just turns green for a second then goes off... I'm thinking there is a problem with the nand and the flash 0..

I'm just looking for some guidence as to what I should try next or if it is truly dead??? I'm exhausted of ideas really... I appreciate any help you guys can give and thanks a lot in advance.. I don't know much at all about the psp workings I just follow the guides and instructions. It would be a shame after all this work to just give up.

dante221
October 19th, 2009, 23:04
I'll try all I can to shed some light for ya. With the bad blocks on your memory stick could mean that your memory stick is deader than a doornail. As for your PSP, try using a different memory stick and make your own magic memory stick and get a pandora battery so you can try flashing the latest CFW, which is 5.50GEN, but first, try flashing it with 3.71m33 and see what it does