PDA

View Full Version : *NEW* Dreamcast Analog Thumb Grip (mod,hack)

MAXIMUSpowers
September 6th, 2009, 20:13
Hi all.
Im a great DC fan but ive always had problems using the analog stick. Though it is good, after hours of use your fingers begin to slip. This is because it is a convex shape as apposed to the XBOX which is concave.

I have searched the net but havent seen any mods like were produced for the GP2X. Does anyone else had an issue with the analog?

quzar
September 7th, 2009, 10:32
Well, I have had similar problems due mostly to sweat. The bumps on the stick work to prevent this, but aren't all that great at it.

You might want to try something like rubber cement. Once it dries it should be relatively rough, and will slowly wear down to be even.

Alternatively if you really like the xbox stick, you could cannibalize one and swap out the tops. OR you could look for those little rubber slips-ons they sell as replacement or improved caps for xbox or playstation controllers. If the sizes are similar, then they might fit.

MAXIMUSpowers
September 10th, 2009, 12:34
Hi all.

I have been using the Dreamcast since its release but was always disappointed with the analog stick as my thumb would always slip of it. The problem was common between everyone I knew that had a DC. Though it was a great analog stick at heart it made games difficult to play at times.

I have search for years looking for a grip to add on to the thumb stick. But without any success. Recently while looking at the Nunchuck i realised that the DC and Nunchuck analog stick were the same size.

I did a search for Nunchuck grips and found some on Ebay. I purchased them and they fit the DC perfectly. This has improved the performance and feel of the analog stick exceedingly well. It also looks very cool ;-) - a must have

I would advise everyone to get them. They are only £1.95 for a pair and that also includes postage. Couldn't go wrong!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wii-Nunchuk-Analog-Thumbstick-Grips-Caps4stix-Nunchuck_W0QQitemZ130326277603QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccesso ries_JN?hash=item1e580d2de3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I hope this helps,

JLF65
September 10th, 2009, 18:14
Put a piece of double-sticky tape on the nub. :D

clawdeath
November 10th, 2009, 15:25
Thats why I love the Mad Catz controller, theres a C and a Z button and theres a rubber protection on the analog stick and on the left and right side below the digital pad and below the buttons(where you grab the controller).

Ps: Sorry for poor English