PDA

View Full Version : SMS PLus Beta Release

vbt
May 9th, 2006, 22:37
Finally I got it, a working CD with some games, it's not yet perfect but many games run correctly.
So main features are :

- high speed (Cz80 use)
- 2 players support
- 32ko to 1Mo ROM support
- hardware tiles, sprites, map management

Things to add :

- syncho
- sound

I'm waiting for Rockin'-B skills with dual CPU and assembly(port of raze/faze ?) for these improvements ;)

link removed as it has commercial games in it, your friendly neighbourhood Hawq

RockinB
May 10th, 2006, 08:24
The best emu on SEGA Saturn around, noone should miss it! If you compare it's speed to that of Dagolar's SMS emu port, it's a difference like night and day!

quzar
May 10th, 2006, 09:26
You can't post this here if the image include commercial roms. Are they all PD roms only?

vbt
May 10th, 2006, 16:27
Picture removed.

Hawq
May 10th, 2006, 19:55
Hmm removing the games has left me with a 40MB file compared to before the 37.7MB one, ah well it was a quick magic iso jobby to chop em out to see how big itd be.

vbt
May 10th, 2006, 21:00
Ok, it doesn't matter :)

vbt
May 11th, 2006, 01:16
I guess it was my last news :)

Hawq
May 11th, 2006, 19:30
I guess it was my last news :)
As long as any further ones dont include commercial games it doesnt have to be, if you want to include games get some PD ones from somewhere.

Christuserloeser
May 13th, 2006, 03:50
http://www.dcevolution.net/goto.php?id=54 ;)

DaveJ
August 20th, 2006, 05:08
Hey VBT, how would you add roms to the BIN/CUE?
Also, is there any light gun support? I want to try out Safari Hunt and some other light gun games.
Thanks in advance.

I_Highway
August 22nd, 2006, 21:50
That's intersting that Mega Drive had a Master System converter, and, imo, at that time, it runned perfectly.

Of course, it was a hardware piece, not a software, and I have no idea of how it worked. But, isn't intersting that, with commercial interests behind it, it becomes easy to develop emulators?

That's why I admire the coders who spend all their free time making such amazing things in so limited consoles.

quzar
August 22nd, 2006, 23:08
That's intersting that Mega Drive had a Master System converter, and, imo, at that time, it runned perfectly.

Of course, it was a hardware piece, not a software, and I have no idea of how it worked. But, isn't intersting that, with commercial interests behind it, it becomes easy to develop emulators?

That's why I admire the coders who spend all their free time making such amazing things in so limited consoles.

Actually, the power base converter didn't have any Master System hardware within it. It simply enabled the Master system mode in the Mega Drive (genesis). The Mega Drive video was an evolution of the Master System video, and it had everything hooked up to the Z80 sound processor, which was the MS' main processor so that it would all work easily and without fuss.

I_Highway
August 23rd, 2006, 22:01
Humm... that was a good idea. Sega Should have done this with Dreamcast and Saturn, somehow...

Thank you, quzar!

jedahsavior
August 28th, 2006, 08:01
does anyone have a link to the file? With the PD roms in it. The link posted takes me to a dreamcast page.

vbt
October 1st, 2006, 14:41
does anyone have a link to the file? With the PD roms in it. The link posted takes me to a dreamcast page.

SMS Plus with MkISO FS (http://vberthelot.free.fr/smsplus/smsplus_mkisofs.zip)
With this release you can make your own CD with PD Roms

vbt
October 21st, 2006, 00:20
bump :)
Working on sound now

DaveJ
October 23rd, 2006, 00:56
Is this file:
http://vberthelot.free.fr/smsplus/smsplus_cz80_092_mkisofs.zip
SMS Plus with sound that you're trying to add in? or is it something else?

vbt
October 26th, 2006, 20:08
Is this file:
http://vberthelot.free.fr/smsplus/smsplus_cz80_092_mkisofs.zip
SMS Plus with sound that you're trying to add in? or is it something else?
No it's not this one because I can't post a binary with a commercial ROM here. Wait a little and you'll see a new release with CD support.

RockinB
October 27th, 2006, 09:34
VBT, is it possible to swap in a new CD-R with ROMs?

vbt
October 29th, 2006, 18:25
VBT, is it possible to swap in a new CD-R with ROMs?

Do you mean having a Cd with only the emu and one with the ROM ?

RockinB
October 30th, 2006, 09:19
Do you mean having a Cd with only the emu and one with the ROM ?
Yes, a Saturn CD-R with SMS Plus and a usual CD-R (no IP.BIN) with ROMs.

Furthermore, I would appreciate a file browser instead of the current solution. Currently you can only see one file name at once and it depends on the loaded ROM how fast you can switch to the next. Due to this, with a lot of ROMs it happens to skip several tens of ROMs at once, so you are unable to select the ROM file you want to run.

vbt
February 17th, 2007, 23:38
The PAR release with CD unlock is out and the CD version are ready now, the main changes are :

- First menu removal
- Readme.txt created
- Move to ELF compiler
- Uses CDC CyberWarrior X CDC replacement
- Control management changed because of ELF

http://vberthelot.free.fr/smsplus/sms_plus.zip