PDA

View Full Version : Need DOOM Installation walkthrough

Inuyasha1714
May 11th, 2006, 22:28
Ok, the last post didnt help. I've googled help install doom psp, and nothing helpful came up. So I am asking for someone to plz give me a walkthrough on everything. From Installing a gta loader to running the game. I hope someone can help me!

dan3127
May 11th, 2006, 22:48
hi there you need to be a bit more specific, what version psp do u have ect and do u just want a homebrew game doom or would u quite like a snes emulator and download the old retro doom for that plus many other snes games or maybe you woulld like a sega megadrive emulator i can help with the emulators more as i dont use the homebrew doom but if you want help with emulators for an old snes classic doom then reply if you had msn messenger that would be even better post me soon :eek:

Inuyasha1714
May 12th, 2006, 18:45
I have 2.6 firmware and gta. The emulator and retro doom would be cool. Hope you read this and help me

dan3127
May 12th, 2006, 20:54
ok i can definetely help then if you are on 2.6 and have gta thats no problem, it would be alot easier to explain on msn messenger so i can type to you and talk all at once so let me no on your next post if you have it and what your msn address is and ill add you so we can talk there, or if you tell me you dont have it il try and post all the links and detailed information instead so post me back asap :) :) :) :)

Inuyasha1714
May 13th, 2006, 01:50
sadly i do not have msn :( I hope you can still help me :D

dan3127
May 13th, 2006, 02:56
ok here goes first you need to have a usb cable and now how to connect and enable usb connection to your psp the basics, then you need to go here and scroll right downt to the bottom you will see a e loader bock called 0.9.7 clcik the picture then run http://www.fanjita.org/ it will tell you its about to install it to your psp so first enable your connection so its linked to your pc then click run you will see a screen the same as my screenshot i added to this post before clicking next and finishing the installing you need to make sure you untick the box that says tiff and untick the boxes that dont representyour country example i live in england so i kept european ticked and unticked all the rest then you need to tick the gta box and tick the default menu box look at my screen shot and just copy that its how you need to have it once you have ticked those boxes correctly click next and finish the instalation to your psp once done go to your psp saved data utility and see if you can see the eloader on there 0.9.7 if you do then great its worked so far, now its easy from here downlaod this snes emulator snes ty 0.3 http://dl.qj.net/Snes9x-TYL-v0.3-User-Mode-PSP-Emulators/pg/12/fid/2174/catid/135 once you click download it will ask you to extract all files extract them to your documents , then go to your documents and u will see a kploit and an unpatched double click on the unpatched and u will see snes ty, enable your usb connection and then click the snes ty and move it to psp / game so double click psp then higlight game and click move,make sure its the unpatched snes ty not the kploit if you want to check that it has gone to your psp correctly below saved data utuility where it says memory stick on your psp click that and u should see the emulator there. finally now all you need is game roms from here http://www.rom-world.com/index.php click the super nintendo on the left collum under roms find a letter you like say s for super star wars or something then click downlaod extract all the files to your documents again then enable usb connection and move the snes rom to psp/ game /snes ty so straight to the emulator basiculy put as many roms on it as u wish then load up gta liberty and you will see an emulator screen with the snes one press 0 and u will probally scroll down some text and click agree then u will see your games click 0 to run a game. thats it. to improve your games speed just move your psp analog stick to the left and change frameskip from 0 up to 2 and change the psp clock from 222 to 333 and i prefer psp acc acsoft instead of psp accelerated also you can change to view in full screen anyway make sure you post me back and let me no how you did please as this took me some time to write twice as i lost the first reply when doing a link lol :) :) :)

Inuyasha1714
May 15th, 2006, 23:14
omg, thx alot guy, this really helped :D :D :D :D

dan3127
May 16th, 2006, 16:56
no problem at all glad it helped so im guessing you got the emulator and roms working ok as you said this helped alot does that mean you got it running on your psp ok take care :D :D

rivera82falcon
May 18th, 2006, 01:11
If you have 2.6, install the port of DOOM instead! Much faster gameplay, and you can play with more .wad files as well.

I have a website that's dedicated to installing homebrew on 2.01-2.60 psp's.

http://www.gmrealm.us/psp/index.shtml

Have fun!!! =)

rajbirbains
June 1st, 2006, 22:51
wat other emulators are there can sum1 give me a website????????????

coo
June 2nd, 2006, 01:29
there is a whole list of all the homebrew (including emus) here:
http://psp-homebrew.eu/

keyboardwarrior
June 4th, 2006, 23:48
After following the advice, I still cannot get DOOM to work.

SNES emulation works fine.

When I select DOOM in the list, all I get is a black screen then the PSP powers itself off.

I have DOOM1.WAD in the WAD folder also. Any ideas? I will list my folder/file structure on the memory stick eventually, just to see if anything is missing or misplaced.

keyboardwarrior
June 4th, 2006, 23:49
Also Please note that I am using PSP firmware 2.6 and doompspv005.zip

coo
June 17th, 2006, 22:41
try psp doom v 0.0.5 plus