PDA

View Full Version : So when exactly is this new PS1 EMU from Sony Appearing?

Cross
May 12th, 2006, 03:16
I have been around off and on for awhile and while I intended to start Emulating again on my PSP I just did not like the GTA hack... I hate GTA and just do not want to buy it plus my DS does everything I need along with my laptop and PSP they all go everywhere with me so I just don't want to deal with it.

However I would like to take my PS1 Games with me and when I left the scene this was just a dream (SNESTYL had just come out :p ) Now I do not mind upgrading nor paying for it. Having all the Final Fantasy's and other games like Lunar on my PSP is what I would waste time on it doing. Those are the games I would like to see on it ad so far it seems they will be availble.

However no matter where I search I have yet to find any time frame for release so does anyone have any info on when this release is supposed to be?

IndianCheese
May 12th, 2006, 22:08
Not until the next big update.

Also, I have told people this even before the video was released: There was never going to be an emulator icon. There is an emulation ENGINE that will activate when a PS1 romboot.pbp file, I guess you could say, is loaded. It will boot up straight from the Memory Stick. I bet if the emulation engine is built into the games, though, hackers will get hard at work trying to crack it.

Cross
May 13th, 2006, 22:07
I don't care about cracking it, I just want to use it.

Hopefully this update will happen within the next few months

one winged angel
May 16th, 2006, 13:48
If this is gona run FF7 i would sourisly think of upgrading my psp

Accordion
May 16th, 2006, 17:42
if sony had showed ff7 at E3 there would have been a major riot, everyone would want it all that matters is ff7
why did they show ridge racers? not very exciting

i am guessing it will be released when the ps3 comes out, the payment system is through ps3 and i guess the downloads will be as well, but it will probably work through a pc

Cross
May 17th, 2006, 18:54
eewwww ps3 blah. I still have yet to buy my 360, the revolution will be my next system purchase.. unless i find a 360 cheap. the ps3 will be on a 6 month wait for the price drop

i hope they do not make it dependent on the ps3 thats the first i have heard of that

SnoopKatt
May 17th, 2006, 23:05
Hmm, if they release that, there might be a way to hack it to play homebrew and emu's.