PDA

View Full Version : help on everything

branin
May 12th, 2006, 04:21
Hello , Im new to the psp community so i have alot of questions , As iv been reading alot of my questions may seem stupid to you , But please bare with me. First , I was wondering what the GTA Loader , Lua Player , And EBOOT are? My second question is about downgrading i know you said that there isnt a current way to downgrade , But my question is does anyone know any info on if there could be one day. or is this completely impossible? or is there a way but to dangerous to tell ppl , because im at 2.70 and im kinda willing to do anything for a downgrade as me being stupid brought it home and upgraded my 2.5 to 2.7 imediently. Thanks in advance for the help.

kyle2194
May 12th, 2006, 04:38
The gta loader lets you load eboots through a hacked grand theft auto save. Eboots are essentially programs that run on your psp. Lua is a simple way to code, but it needs to be "read" by a program then made into something the psp can understand. And sorry, 2.7 is locked out to all homebrew right now. :(

V3N0M
May 12th, 2006, 04:42
Sorry but you can't run Homebrew because that Firmware is the only firmware that cannot run HB. But be patient as someone someday will find a way so don't worry about as for now it is still impossible. But remmember things are only impossible until they are done.

Mr. Shizzy
May 12th, 2006, 06:22
There actually is some (very little) homeberw slowly coming out of the woodwork for 2.7.
I think ones like a painting application (app).
And there is actually a way to safley downgrade the 2.0 firmware.
One good tip is remember that GOOGLE is your friend.
You could always do what I did to solve your firmware woes.Sell your PSP; then scour local videogameshops for a 2.0 or a 1.5.
I found a 2.0 & downgraded it. Just beware: downgrade at your own risk!!! Do your homework b/c you can actually kill (brick) your PSP doing this. I would suggest getting one of those $20 warrentys on it just in case...

branin
May 13th, 2006, 01:21
shizzy , can you give me anymore info on that paint app? and also the homebrew you said was comming out of the woodwork , also anyone think its a good idea to trade with one of my friends just to have 2.6?

dan3127
May 13th, 2006, 01:51
yes if you like to run snes emulators or megadrive or gameboy ect then you need a 2.6 and gta liberty city stories or a 1.0 1.5 psp so if you really want this then trade with your mate if hes lucky enough to have one then you can easily get help here on at this forom after you have 2,6 good luck :)

stotheamuel
May 13th, 2006, 06:53
yes... that is an amazing deal

you get back homebrew... and get more time to think this over... then you can decide whether to update or not

branin
May 13th, 2006, 06:55
yea , but what really sucks is when i got it , bout 2 - 3 weeks ago it was 2.5 , i bet anyone with 2.7 would kill for that! so i lost a big chance by not reading up fitst

branin
May 13th, 2006, 16:10
ok , well if my freind does do this for me , is there a list of things that will run on 2.6 anywhere?

stotheamuel
May 13th, 2006, 16:12
www.noobz.com

ps you have to buy grand theft auto liberty city stories for it to work... and you need to download fanjita's eloader... (eloader at www.noobz.com

branin
May 13th, 2006, 17:09
www.noobz.eu , i think and thanks for all the help , but i have a few more queustions , on 2.6 how do i use the gta loader , i have the game its the first one i got , but i downloaded the one thats called eloader block or something and it didnt come with instructions , i know i could do a search but i want to make sure i know my facts before starting. and the final question , are the gta eboots the only way of 2.6 homebrew , or does the lua homebrew work on it?