PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Eloader 0.97 with firmware 2.5

LuKa
May 13th, 2006, 11:05
Hey all

I just purchased my PSP finally :D only thing was it is a used PSP so it had firmware 2.5 install which is a pain. Anyways I used to know alot about playing homebrew on PSPs on firmware 1.0 because my manager had a jap PSP and I used to put all his apps and games on it for him. I haven't kept up to date with the PSP scene for months so I would class myself as a newbie again after the recent developments in the scene.

I want to try and run some homebrew like Artillary Shell and Squarez. I have read and tried eloader 0.97 and 0.96 and had no luck. When I try and run it using the TIFF method (because I dont have GTA yet) it just doesnt really do anything, it just views the image like any other???

Can someone help me step by step to get used and understand the new ways of making homebrew
boot. Also is it possible to use the eloader to boot a UMD/ISO loader to play PSP games directly from the memory stick?

Thanks in advance :D

dan3127
May 13th, 2006, 12:58
hi there unfortunetely if you are 2.0 or above you will need to purchase a copy of grand theft auto liberty city stories first if you realy want homebrew i know how you can put supernintendo emulator and megadrive and nes and gameboy ect on your psp so you can just download as many snes roms ect for free. and play them on psp not sure about the umd thing you asked about playing umd straight from memory stick. anyway check in this eboot loader forum the post title that says need doom walkthrough scroll to the bottom and you will see my long reply to him with links and screenshots to help i made it as straight forward as possible so have a look at that but you will need gta good luck matey :) :)

Decius
May 13th, 2006, 12:59
The Tiff exploit only works with firmware version 2.00. For 2.5 you will need to use the GTA exploit.

oldgit
May 13th, 2006, 14:28
no you can't use umd loaders on a 2.5