PDA

View Full Version : DPG Movie Converter - Is there one?

Mazza
May 13th, 2006, 21:31
Hi, I recently bought a M3 mini sd adaptor which as far as i'm aware has moonshell built in. Does anyone know of a Movie Converter that can convert DivX etc. to DPG format. Thanks in Advance _Mazza_

hicaow
May 16th, 2006, 20:15
http://www.themanfromdelmonte.co.uk/nintendo-ds/bin/moonshell10_dpgtools.zip

u need that app ..

Mazza
May 16th, 2006, 20:55
cheers mate works like a charm, video quality aint top notch though.

jojotjuh
May 18th, 2006, 21:28
nope, but its being worked onn i think. moonlight is working hard like a horse :) (POSITIVE THING!)

Oshinagaki
May 16th, 2007, 05:34
This may be total NOOBULAR!!!!11111 but what do i do after i download it, do i just put it on my sd card and run the vids or what

DanTheManMS
May 16th, 2007, 23:49
You download the latest version of Moonshell, which should come with DPG Tools. You use the setup.exe program to install the necessary files to your card (make sure you uncheck the boxes on the right except for the device you have) and then use DPG Tools to convert your video files. Copy the converted .dpg files to your card, launch Moonshell, and load the videos from there.

Azzaxr
May 19th, 2007, 14:00
just a quick thing which specific tool does the converting to DPG?

DanTheManMS
May 19th, 2007, 18:57
I believe it's mencoder that does the video encoding, but I'm not entirely sure.

What exactly are you trying to do? If you're running Linux, I believe there is a thread on GBAdev that provides a python script for converting videos to DPG format.

nollieheel
May 23rd, 2007, 23:05
is there currently any programs that convert video files to .nds files that run on macs ?

DanTheManMS
May 24th, 2007, 00:20
I don't think there are ANY programs that convert video to .nds files for any operating system.

nollieheel
May 24th, 2007, 07:47
ok, thanks anyway

LeprechaunIV
May 31st, 2007, 01:37
Do you mean d3v format, for games n' music?

DanTheManMS
May 31st, 2007, 03:42
DPG is the movie format for Moonshell, the audio/video homebrew application for the DS. It has nothing to do with the GnM card.

Zuzzer
June 24th, 2007, 00:18
Doesn't work for me....

TeenDev
June 24th, 2007, 00:58
I don't think there are ANY programs that convert video to .nds files for any operating system.

correction, I have started production on one... it uses GBFS though....

DanTheManMS
June 24th, 2007, 02:55
Hardly a correction a month later, but good luck nonetheless. Have you seen the posts on GBAdev about some guys attempting a regular MPEG player for the DS? It's pretty interesting.

mr_pablo
June 24th, 2007, 09:53
i use BatchDPG for converting my videos, i find it a bit more reliable and forgiving when it comes to various encoded vids. It also has the nice feature of letting you make a queue of vids to convert.

wogiwo
October 31st, 2008, 06:17
DPG Converter - Convert Video to DPG (http://www.bestshareware.net/videoguide/dpgconverter.htm) The programs listed below are the easy-to-use and handy DPG converter tool that help you convert video files to DPG.Please click link.

PigVenus
November 30th, 2008, 23:47
This is all you need: Super C video converter (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html)

I never could get the Moonshell converter or BatchDPG to work, but Super C worked without any problems. Super C is FREE also (but it is a pain to navigate through there webpage until you find the download link - they use a bunch of anti-leech scripts)

cautionyou
April 7th, 2009, 06:29
DPG Movie Converter?
This DPG Converter (http://www.dpgconverter.net) has an amazing advanture: No other plug-ins or programs are needed for this DPG Cconverter to convert videos to DPG.:thumbup:

ChaoticanarchyX
April 7th, 2009, 22:00
I've been using the Unofficial DPG batch 1.56. Works great I think, though for some reason with Moonshell beta 5 and below the sound works great, and for some reason 6 and above the sound is real finicky. Other then that, thats what I would go after.