PDA

View Full Version : Help! Whats the best genesis Emu for 2.6 ?

Vega
May 13th, 2006, 22:47
:confused: I've tried a few but some have no sound, and the newest version of DGEN doesnt seem to work with Eloader. What should I use? Thanks in advance. :D

D0N
May 13th, 2006, 22:52
Dgen v1.30 is the best if you are using 2.60

Vega
May 13th, 2006, 23:00
Thanks man. Does this release support sound?

D0N
May 13th, 2006, 23:11
Yes. It has excellent sound.

Vega
May 13th, 2006, 23:12
it does support sound. wow this emu is pretty tweaked!

porchemasi
May 14th, 2006, 00:00
yea it is but it seems the sound lags on big games like sonic 3 :( fps is great but sound is a bit odd at times

V3N0M
May 14th, 2006, 00:22
Ya Dgen is the best for all firmwares.

sheriffd
May 21st, 2006, 20:26
Can anyone tell me, (noob!), why whenever I load DGEN through eloader it freezes and resets? FW2.6 GTA Method.

Vega
May 22nd, 2006, 01:07
After some testing I found that DGEN 1.3O seems to be the best on 2.6. One or two roms dont seem to load for some reason (Super Street Fighter II) but its by far the best I've tested on 2.6.
one more small problem however is that after you select a second rom, the emu cant seem to return to the dgen menu. this can be sorted by simply holding L+R+Start and returning to the Eloader menu, then select DGEN again and re-run the emu. :D

boutdoe82
May 23rd, 2006, 14:51
Yeaa the best one to use is DGEN,

and I got Super Street Fighter II and champonship ed. and pretty much everything to work on it. You might have to tweak the settings but it plays fast...

If you have a problem with DGEN freezing like I use to have... you have to install both versions 1.7 and 1.3

ok you know just put the folders in the psp/game/..

Once you do that I made a rom folder in the psp game but you can make it were ever you want.... just call it DGENROMS or something so you know when you go to look for it....

ok once you load up your gta make sure you can see the two emulators on the screen 1.3 and 1.7

- what you have to do is... go down to 1.7 then exit it... hold L+R and start

this should take you back to the main emulator selection screen.

after that enter 1.3 and it will load no problem...

just use the back and foward on the dpad to scroll through the folders.... Circle runs the ROM you selected... oh and you can leave the roms zip'd they will run fine.

hopefully that helps

pspcross
May 27th, 2006, 17:20
yeah previous guy is correct but it is version 0.7 and 1.3 not 1.7.

also a point i have noticed when transfering files in usb
mode.

when the files are copied the light flashes on the psp and the bar on the screen moves left and right.

what i noticed was that after the initial flashing i would normally exit and see if the files copied.

don't do this !!! there will be two sequences of flashing and only after the second set will the files have been
copied over properly.

i was having loads of problems installing emus before but now if i do this i seem to have no problems.

i now have bock with emenu and have running
dgen 1.3, snes 9xtyl 0.4.2, spider solitaire, file assistant 1.2 and mamepsp beta.

if anyone needs any pointers other than this tip then let me know and i will try to help.

this may already be common knowledge but if not then could be a partial cause of folks problems with running some homebrew.

i only found this out by accident myself.

by the way i am running 2.5.

cheers

pspcross

omadeli
May 28th, 2006, 13:32
i have dgen 1.30 and i have a 2.60 psp but it still doesnt work! everytime i load it it crashes automatically help me!

Zion
May 28th, 2006, 17:34
dont press r once it's loaded. I had that problem and everytime i pressed r once dgen had started it crashed. Only press r once you have loaded a game.

Also use the .smd files or .bin files. Occasionally zip files can be the problem

pspcross
May 29th, 2006, 16:20
How to run DGens 1.3 on 2.01+ Firmware
Right.... something i kinda managed to do by accident, but its working ok now so i thought i'd stick this up...

(only tested on 2.5 firmware)

1) (if you havent already) Download and install Fanjita's eLoader

2) Create a Folder on the memstick /PSP/GAME/DGEN0.7/ and copy the 0.7 version of dgen into it.

3) Copy the folders from the dgen1.3 zip into /PSP/GAME/
put your roms (still zipped) anywhere you like

4) Boot GTA and run the eLoader, both versions should be available

http://www.djcresswell.com/psp/eloader.jpg

5) Run 0.7, there should be nothing to do here, so quit back to the eLoader with L-R-Start

http://www.djcresswell.com/psp/07.jpg

6) Run 1.3, load your roms and start playing!

http://www.djcresswell.com/psp/13.jpg
http://www.djcresswell.com/amigashots/sega.jpg

--- some (minor) problems ---

The "input" page on 1.3 tends to freeze up and crash the PSP sometimes... avoid using it. In order to safely change your controller configs (for example, enabling the analogue stick) do the neccessary config updates on 0.7 and then copy the .CFG file from its folder into the 1.3 folder.

If the game running on 1.3 refuses to go back to the menu (L) use the L-R-Start method to go back to the eLoader and load 1.3 again.

have fun!! I'm *loving* sensible soccer!

theredrebel
June 3rd, 2006, 00:59
I'm having the same problem as the other guy attempting to run 1.3 on 2.6 . It doesn't even load the emulator properly, just shows the little text which ends with (based on work by saotome) or something like that. Then it crashes. Screen turns black, like it was going into sleep mode, then it turns itself off entirely. Is there any way to get 1.3 to run on 2.6? (I've tried the method listed above, and it doesn't work.

Zion
June 3rd, 2006, 01:47
Check my guide it might solve the problem.

Look at it here : http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25905

younggunn1999
June 8th, 2006, 08:51
VER 1.30 will not work for me. I'm not asking for help I just letting you guys know. I'm using 2.6 GTA. DEGEN Verson .70 does wok and it woks fine very fast and it looks very good. The only thing that sucks is that I can't save any games because the option does not there. I have no clu why it won't work but any way neo,nesterJ,snes9x emulators all work fine for me.
DEATH is only one trigger pull away...

rajbirbains
June 8th, 2006, 17:34
hi folks does anyone know where to download emulators for v2.6 ive got the super bock
i would be very greatful if someone gave me a website to download them from

pspcross
June 11th, 2006, 08:20
i have copied my working dgen folder from my psp.

called (pspcrossDgen1.3.zip) unzip it then

just copy this as it is into the game folder. you will also have to add some roms. ( must be .smd or .bin files). in the dgen1.3 folder too.

also make sure that when you transfer the files they are complete. what i mean is the memory led on the LHS of the psp next to analog stick will flash.

at first it flashes but i also flashes after a few seconds it seems when the files are complete.

make sure the second flash has occured therefore all the files are copied.

i am using bock 097 and gta on firmware 2.5.

let me know how you get on.

also in reply to the last post i tried my 0.7 and i cannot save either. also when i played phanstasy star 2 it would not go into building but using the same rom on 1.3 it works fine and saves.

try using my attached folder and see if it works for you.

let me know

good luck

pspcross.

younggunn1999
June 11th, 2006, 13:50
Cool, I'm going to try it out. Let me thank you now

younggunn1999
June 11th, 2006, 14:08
Nope... Still won't work.. It does the same thing it did before just freeze when it get to the main screen after that the psp will crash and turn off. I'll try it one more time after that I don't know what to do I've spent many many hours trying to ger ver 1.3 to work on my 2.6 nester J snex and neo- all work fine and even dgen .70 I have no clue why this won't work. MAME4ALL will not work at all too. I have no clue why they will not work.

pspcross
June 11th, 2006, 14:16
first of all mame4all doesn't work for me either.

but 1.3 dgen should work

what version of eloader are you using.

i have bock and emenu on 2.5

strange that other emu's work ok.

at the moment i have snes, dgen , neogeocdz,
mamepsp and they all work.

tell me what happened after you transferred my folder to your psp game folder.

post a screenshot of what you have at the moment.

does it show up when you go memory stick on your psp browser screen.

what is your actual error ?????

cheers

does the dgen actually come up then freeze ???

make sure there is a game file in the folder too sometimes this matters.

if you don't press anything does it just freeze ???

please explain.

cheers

another thing try pressing the left shoulder button should move between menus.

by the way as you mention it mine just froze and switched off it must be catching LOL.

just reset it though.

cheers

younggunn1999
June 11th, 2006, 17:44
Yeah, it's not just yours that happens every time I try to put dgen 1.3 on my psp. I'm using Brock .97 on my 2.6 psp. I'm not going to lie I'm not sure how to post a screen shot on here but I'm sure I can figure it out. But yeah all the other emulators work fine I have a 4gb hard drive and about thre are used already I think I try out that mamepsp and see if it'll work for me. Ok this is what happened (sorry for my spelling) I opened the file with rar their was your folder inside of it.

I drug the folder on my games folder in the psp mem stick. (Like I did for everything else)
I took about 5 game roms from my other dgen and drug them into your folder.
Closed it put in GTA used eloader
Went to my select menu where I can pick which emulator I want to run.
I picked your's (1.3dgen) by pressing x which was displayed above the other dgen
That took me to the front dgen screen which was frozen I could see some files on it and the names of the roms i put in there. The screen looked blury and the names of everything looked like parts of them were missing. I tyred pressing every botton Like I have in the pass but nothing with move or open or anything it will just shut off. Even if I don't press anything it will shut off by it's self. So what happens is when I reach the dgen where I should be able to press the left bumper it won't do anything and just shut off.

pspcross
June 11th, 2006, 18:51
it sounds strange the screen was blurry.

can you run this from memory stick instead of the HDD

secondly are you sure bock is properly installed.

if you have a spare memory stick then format it then

start from scratch. reinstall bock.

but make sure all the files are loaded.

when it transfers data the led on LHS of psp flashes.

but make sure there two sets of flashes, one to begin with and then another when all files are copied.

maybe you can try this.

let me know again.

sounds a bit funny the screen is blurred though.

also you can only take a screenshot using a shell of some sort but i have the same problem. no shell works well with 2 or above so you can't take a screenshot. the only one that works with the
newer versions of firmware is dark karnage but i don't know if that can take a screenshot or not.

only alternative is digital camera or mobile phone.

cheers

pspcross.

donne
July 14th, 2006, 11:14
I'm sorry for this completely clueless newbies irritating question : 1) Where can I get the Dgen application ? I can't seemed to find a link to download anywhere.. 2) I have PSP 2.0 and Bock. Don't have GTA (can't find it at my local game-store). Can the TIFF trick be used on DGEN to work ? Please-please enlighten mee...

Mr.Denny
July 15th, 2006, 20:38
Dgen v1.30 is the best if you are using 2.60

It does have fantastic sound but has major problems when saving. I lost all of my saves after reseting the system. :(

Tanis6909
August 22nd, 2006, 21:56
yea, i have major save state problem as well....meaning i cant save states at all......well, i can save them, but after restarting DGen, they are all gone.....did you ever figure out a way to get it working Mr. Denny?

RetroGoth
August 27th, 2006, 22:28
there should be dgen 1.70 for 2.x users...not fair