PDA

View Full Version : Can the e[mulator] (TG-16) emu load CDROM images?

pentupanger
May 13th, 2006, 23:46
I am curious if the TG-16/PC Engine emulator for the PSP will load TurboDuo/PCE CD images kinda like what the NeoGeoCD emus do...

I was looking through the menus of the e[mulator] on my PSP and I saw a line that says "CDROM IMAGE: 'then has a path here' " (this can be found under the Main menu>PC Engine menu)

Or does this "CDROM IMAGE" refer to just the location of the hue card ROMs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Moning2
May 14th, 2006, 12:03
well, the logical mind would say its possible and the normal mind would just try it and the lazy dumbass would ask it in a forum...

pentupanger
May 14th, 2006, 18:26
And the non-smartass person would ask hoping if someone had done it and could enlighten others how the CDROM image needs to be formatted in order to be played if it was possible...

Would the image be placed into a folder of its own, with all mp3s ripped and in their own folder within the image folder? Or do you just bust the iso and put all files into one folder...

Doing one thing wrong could be the clencher of the whole thing not wanting to work, and I am not a good debugger.

Since I am not sure which person the Moning2 poster labels himself I wouldnt be too mean to call him a smartass that doesnt know what he is talking about, so he decides to up his post count by being a troll. Way to go!

Now... no more flames from idiots, and only respond if you know what you are talking about.

sayian234
May 15th, 2006, 01:29
i downloaded the gba but when i played it it said "corrupt data"

please heeeelllllp!

adgjm
May 15th, 2006, 07:00
Ok so here it is how it works:
1. First you need the ISO (I will use the example of King of Fighters 99)
2. Now you need something to dismount the image, but still you need all that was in the .zip file (i'm suppossing of course that you downloaded it and was zipped). For that you can use the simple porgram of winrar. If you don't know how to dismount an image simply open the iso file with winrar and extract all the content. Now you can delete the iso file, but leave the rest.
3. You have the option now of creating a folder so you can easily ubicate the image and the rest of the content
4. depending on wich emulator you are running the neo geo emulater, (wich could be NeoCDPSP) you may need to change the song name as well as to create a folder for the songs
6. Now one of the most obvious parts... transfer the carpet in wich is all the dismounted image files, sound carpet, etc were to your memory stick
5. all you have to do now is to go run the emulator, then select the carpet where you had transfered all the previous things and voula (not sure how it is spelled) you are ready to go

PM me if something went wrong ;)

sayian234
May 15th, 2006, 22:13
wat song and ISO and im talking about GBA and wat is ubicate?

pentupanger
May 15th, 2006, 23:31
sayain234, quit trying to hijack my thread. This thread is about the TG-16/Wonderswan emulator.. NOT the GBA emulator, so go find a GBA thread, please.

adgjm, this thread is asking about CDROM images playing on the TG-16 emu, NOT the Neo Geo CD emu for the PSP... I have no problem using the NeoGeoCDZ emu with CDROM images.

sayian234
May 16th, 2006, 00:47
sorry wrong for 1:[

Arm
May 20th, 2006, 17:41
Nightwolve has created a tool called TurboRip which allows you to rip your PCE CD games in a format (iso+mp3+toc)which can be directly recognized by the PCEP 7.0 emulator.
You have to use the command prompt to rip the game

- Put the TurboRip folder at the root of C:

- Open a command prompt (from Start/Accessory)and type " CD TurboRip " to reach to TurboRip folder,

( No need to type anything else as the TurboRip folder is at the root of the C: directory)

- Then type " TurboRip /? " to make appear the different commands.

- Press enter to make appear additional commands like "PCEP"

- To choose a command, for example PCEP, type " TurboRip/PCEP "

- Then choose the number of the CD/DVD drive where the original game is found to rip the game.

I already ripped some games this way but still haven't tried to test the rips on the emu. Apparently it's working, according to some people.

You must also have a Super CD-ROM2 System V3.00 card.

Put the your game's folder and the syscard file in the PCEP emu folder, then start up the PCEP emulator and load any normal game (ROM), Go back to the menu again, choose "cd change" and browse for the TOC file found in ripped game folder
Select "card change" and now browse for the "Super CD-ROM2 System V3.00 (J).pce" ROM. When the "PUSH RUN BUTTON" screen boots up, press the START button.
(You need to exit the emulator properly for the game saves to work properly.)

If you using 1.5, you have to do the exploit trick (folder named PCEP and PCEP%)

turborip download

http://nick.serveblog.net/index.php?ind=downloads&op=download_file&ide=8&file=TurboRipV100

official turborip thread

http://nick.serveblog.net/forums/index.php?topic=69.msg783#msg783

other PCEP thread on this forum

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7099&highlight=pcep