PDA

View Full Version : monkey 64 version 2.0 help for my 2.60 psp

dan3127
May 14th, 2006, 13:45
hi there im using the e loader 0.9.7 and have 2.60 firware ive installed lots of emulators which all work fine i installed this new 2.0 psp monkey nintendo 64 emulator and when i view the memory stick the emulator logo is there, when i load up gta i can actually load the emulator fine but as yet the roms ive put on dont seem to show up anywhere, so does anyone know if i need to put them somewhere else or if they need renaming any help would be fantastic (<^_^>):) :D

Damian666
May 14th, 2006, 14:51
Well ,to be honest Dan3127, you can basically put your ROM's anywhere on your PSP. But, the thing is you might actually have to put your ROM's into PSMonkey's N64 Emulaotr folder.

crossfadeking
May 14th, 2006, 14:55
incorrect.
they go in a new folder called n64 in the root of your memory.

remember this though. not in the mp_root folder.

dan3127
May 14th, 2006, 16:09
ok thanks for the replys guys il check out the n64 folder in my memory when you install the monkey 64 emulator and move it to psp /game does it aoomaticly give you the n64 folder in your memory or do i need to create that myslef .;) :):D

Damian666
May 14th, 2006, 17:11
Dan3127, you don't have to rename anything, but you do have to extract the Monk and Monk% files into the "GAME" folder on your PSP. Your ROM's folder in which you need to create within the MONK folder, not the MONK% folder. You can title the folder as ROM's. But, other then that I hope this helps you. Oh by the way, check Monkey's Compatibility List for ROM's that work and the microcode souce. The micricodes are what allows you to run the games, as it says in his README text file.

crossfadeking
May 15th, 2006, 08:36
what are you talking about.
you dont put this rom folder in the monk folder.
it goes in the root of the memory and needs to be named n64.
yes do check what roms work but more importantly check their microcodes.
or you wont get them to work at all.
you can find those out in the zip file that came with the emulator it is an internet link page.

Vega
May 15th, 2006, 18:23
Some microcodes , i have found, which are listed are not correct.