PDA

View Full Version : Site Update April 3rd

wraggster
April 3rd, 2004, 17:27
Near on 8 weeks ago i had the thought of opening my own Dreamcast Emulation site to sit alongside the great sites that already are here, i then bought the DCEmu.co.uk domain and managed to get hosting off the excellent Martin64 and his Emulation64 Network.[br]After that my good friend and very highly respected in the console scene, LyonHrt joined me on the project to iron out the news as i was struggling, i then made well over 100 pages for every emulator for the Dreamcast, now we move onto last week, when another ultra cool old DCEmu scener Soully asked if i needed help and so Soully and LyonHrt have taken the ideas from this site and came up with an amazing design which is both fresh and inovative.[br][br]Now only 3 days ago the man from BooB! Darksaviour69 has joined the staff and so the family grows :)[br][br]Nows the time for those in the Dreamcast scene who would like to get involved in a new Dreamcast site ran by people who are level headed, who like a laugh and most importantly will do their very best to support this great scene we have.[br][br]Saying that we are looking for [br][br][b]Newsposters[br](if you post for another site we would still love you to post for us and if you are a coder it would be great to get word of mouth from the original source)[br][br][b]Forum Moderators[br]At some stage we will need forum moderators who will keep the peace but not be too hard, i prefer telling people they have done wrong in a polite way then being nasty straight away.[br][br][b]Feature Writers[br]Ive called it feature writers but we need people who can do reviews, write a goos FAQ explaing the scene, write a paragraph about each emulator explaining what it is and so on, also people who can analyse the Dreamcast scene and write about it.[br][br][b]Cover Artists[br]This is a two edged sword we want on our pages the best 3 covers for each emu/homebrew release but also for new releases too.[br][br][b]Tutorials Writer[br][br]An area where we need a great person to write tutorials aimed at helping those who are new or need help in understanding how to burn.[br][br]There must be more areas that ive missed but if you reply i or LyonHrt will do our best to answer and hopefully we will have a bigger team soon.[br][br]One thing to note, i dont care about what happenned on other sites, all of us do things that are mistakes and if this site can give a chance to get people back in the scene then im all up for it.[br][br]Laters [br][br]wraggy :)

Skyhawk
April 3rd, 2004, 19:18
Wraggster, I completly changed my mind and want to join your site and let DC Evo be part of that in a small way. Please have a look in this topic (http://www.dcevolution.netfirms.com/phpbb/index/viewtopic.php?t=78) what my ideas are.

I can help you with newsposting but most of all with feature writing and tutorials. I'm very curious about the new design and I hope it lets room for a lot of info on the emulator pages. The best and the most motivated people of the Dreamcast scene are here. So I all is good.

wraggster
April 3rd, 2004, 21:47
Captain i really need you to see the staff forum and see the work that is being done on it :)

Youll like it and ill be very honest, i dont mind uploading new pages etc but i cant write interesting articles about emulators like you Lyonhrt and others can :)

At least im honest, give me 5 shakes to sort the access out :)

DCDayDreamer
April 3rd, 2004, 22:07
:)Just found out the site is now public and registered to wish you luck Wraggs, looking great so far, all the best bud.

wraggster
April 3rd, 2004, 22:12
ahh its not public yet :)

easter mate, check the staff forum for a look at the new site :)