PDA

View Full Version : Help Teh N££B

I law rune i
May 16th, 2006, 18:53
Hi, I recently saw my m8 playing MArio on his psp. His brother had downloaded am EMulator onto his card.
Will someone please tell me how to do the following:

-Get games like mario onto my psp and play them

I have used the search button but not found the answer. I've read various guides teling me to download random crap.. I get lost halfway through because they use technical terms.
Can someone out there tell me a link/topic number/information on how to get games like mario onto my psp.

PSPE EMULATOR by psp wikki site did not help me. Please post without flaming.

Thanx alot -
I law rune I

(first poster n33b on tis f0urm):)

I law rune i
May 16th, 2006, 18:57
thanx for movin mod!

I law rune i
May 16th, 2006, 19:09
Homebrew and Emulator Install Guide - previous got deleted

this also helped me alittle.. Just dont have any emmulators or degraders to get me to 1.5

sajberT
May 16th, 2006, 20:27
What firmwire version do you have now?

EDIT: As far as I'm aware you can't downgrade any versions that are 2.01 or higher.

"If you have a 1.51 or a 1.52 you now need to upgrade your psp to a 2.0 in order for the downgrader to work. "

- That was taken from the stickied downgrade/upgrade post in the forum. Here's the link...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11365

gangsta_psp
May 19th, 2006, 15:23
Also you will have to grab either nesterj or snes9xTYL to run mario games. Depends on the one you want to run. Nesterj will run the old nes games while snes9xTYL will run super nintendo games. At the moment I cant give you a link because my schools computers wont let me on the damn site.

tsurumaru
May 19th, 2006, 19:55
Super quick guide to Emulators:

Firmware 1.5 or below PSP's run emulators the fastest as they have access to more of the PSP's memory/functions.
Firmware 2.01-2.6 PSP's have to run emulators through an Eloader which uses the Grand Theft Auto exploit. There are usually, but not always specific versions of the emulator for the two types of firmware above.

Firmware 2.7 cannot run Homebrew/Emulators (yet) Sorry.

Most Emulator releases are available to download from the PSP News forum. They appear in the first post of each thread (ie SNESTYL9x 0.4 released).

Most emulators are downloadable as a "Zip" or "Rar" files, you must extract the files compressed in them using programmes like Winzip and WinRAR this will leave you with a folder on your PC containing the emulator files.

You need to connect your PSP to your computer using a USB cable. You need to activate USB connection and copy the emulator files to the PSP/Game folder.

Games are found as ROM files, ownership of them is technically illegal unless you own the exact original game/arcade machine. Therefore DO NOT ask where to find them on this forum. Google and a bit of common sense will be your friend.

ROMS will need to be copied onto your PSP too and saved in a specific folder (this varies from emulator to emulator). The best way to find out where you should copy them to is to read the readme.txt file included with the emulator.

Good luck.