PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Forum New Features and Arcade Opened

wraggster
May 16th, 2006, 23:31
First off i would like to say a massive thanks to Martin64 for hosting and also being the main reason why the forums and sites run so smooth, one of the best hosts you can get.

We have now upgraded to a newer version of vbulletin with new features galore and better security.

The stats and news feeds look much better and now the latest threads have reply and view numbers for those who love statistics.

We also now have a Members World Map (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/worldmap.php) which shows where our members come from in any place of the world, a very cool addition :)

The next big news is a new feature thats coming to all Network sites and thats a feature where on each site you will see your avatar and any private messages and if you have new ones etc, a damn cool addition to the sites especially if you are a member.

its being beta tested on the PSP News Site (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/)in the right hand column at the bottom, once we get the bugs sorted then it will go live.

Now onto the new DCEmu Arcade (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/arcade.php), a new addition to the forums and network, heres the list of games at this moment in time:

Retro Duck Hunt
Retro Pacman
Advanced Curveball
Tetris
Chopper Challenge
Monkey Cliff Diving
Space Invaders
Helicopter
Asteroids
Snake

Youll need to join the forums but its a small price to pay for such fun and it will be interesting to see who will be the champions :)

Thats all for now, enjoy the forums and arcade :)

Searching4me123
May 16th, 2006, 23:36
Cool i'll try to get a high score

Martin
May 16th, 2006, 23:39
Enough games added for today, check back later for even more games. :)

Current games:

Advanced Curveball
Asteroids
Chopper Challenge
Duck Hunt
Gold Strike
Helicopter
Monkey Cliff Diving
Pacman
Snake
Space Invaders
Tetris
Zoo Keeper

Voltron
May 16th, 2006, 23:42
Awesome update! DCEMU just gets better and better. There are thousands of forums on the net but there is something special and distinct about dcemu.

Cap'n 1time
May 16th, 2006, 23:42
I Am The Champion!

Emeriastone
May 16th, 2006, 23:47
Bravo!

Wow, that world map is way cool, simply amazing.

Now I know how many of us there are,
how large our impact is!

shadowprophet
May 16th, 2006, 23:55
I am the iron monkey tetris god:D

cdrdj
May 17th, 2006, 00:28
I can't access the Arcade. It gave me this message:

**cdrdj, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. **

Do i need to do something else to play?

Video_freak
May 17th, 2006, 00:33
Wow! The DCEmu site just kepps on getting better and better!

Shilo
May 17th, 2006, 00:35
Aracade!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????!!!!!!!!!!! Must get high scores on all games!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :D

Video_freak
May 17th, 2006, 00:58
i just found out that i'm really good at helicopter! :)

vettacossx
May 17th, 2006, 01:25
VETTACOSS X PAC_MAN CHAMP #1 for now!VETTACOSS X DUCK HUNT TENTH PLACE TEMPORARY CHAMPION!i love it im on the score board yeah! lol

cdrdj
May 17th, 2006, 01:27
Am I doing something wrong? I click on Arcade but can't access it. Do I need a certain amount of posts or something?

Video_freak
May 17th, 2006, 01:32
i'm pretty much the only one on the scoreboard for the first two pages! :D

pspfan
May 17th, 2006, 01:45
The private messages feature is very useful. It should be moved higher up though, so you don't have to scroll to see it. And the arcade is a good addition, too :).

wraggster
May 17th, 2006, 01:53
cdrdj try now

Martin
May 17th, 2006, 02:33
Just changed to that people who haven't verified their account yet (there are 14 000 of you :p) also are able to play, so there should be no more access errors. :)

Damian666
May 17th, 2006, 02:38
Martin you and the whole community bring so much to us, I can't even begin to thank you. This is great, from starting the website and building into something incredible in a certain amount of time. I appreciate the arcade, I'm going to try for a high score onw, I'll let you guys know what I get.

cdrdj
May 17th, 2006, 02:40
Just changed to that people who haven't verified their account yet (there are 14 000 of you :p) also are able to play, so there should be no more access errors. :)

Oops, Guess i'm not verified. I signed up a long time ago so i guess i've forgotten to verify. How can I do it?

Anyways, Thanks for the Arcade. I love what this does with community involvement and it's also really fun. THANKS A LOT

vettacossx
May 17th, 2006, 02:42
damn you dark steeling my little trophy-o-glory" of course you know.....this means war!...lmao" - Bugs Bunny-

Martin
May 17th, 2006, 02:48
Oops, Guess i'm not verified. I signed up a long time ago so i guess i've forgotten to verify. How can I do it?

Anyways, Thanks for the Arcade. I love what this does with community involvement and it's also really fun. THANKS A LOT

Cheers guy, I'm glad you enjoy the changes. :)

To activate your account, click the link below:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/register.php?do=requestemail

Alternatively you can change your e-mail address from the User CP and you'll receive the same activation e-mail:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editpassword

Cap'n 1time
May 17th, 2006, 03:01
I Am God Of Curve Ball!

Martin
May 17th, 2006, 03:02
I Am God Of Curve Ball!

Quoted for future embarrasment. ;)

Damian666
May 17th, 2006, 04:23
Champion of the helicopter course, got a score around 1180 something. Not to bad, but there's always someone out there to kick me up from my spot.

infernomax
May 17th, 2006, 04:33
Arcade is awesome !! Thanx for the update to the forums

Martin
May 17th, 2006, 04:36
The arcade has already become so popular I had to change so it only shows each user's top score for every game, it became too cluttered. :)

Cap'n 1time
May 17th, 2006, 05:13
The arcade has already become so popular I had to change so it only shows each user's top score for every game, it became too cluttered. :)

you mean you dont want people to see my greatness as all of the top 10 in curveball i think :rolleyes:

Martin
May 17th, 2006, 06:56
you mean you dont want people to see my greatness as all of the top 10 in curveball i think :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm doing you a favor, don't want to make it look like you've done nothing but sitting in the arcade for 12 hours straight ;)

Cap'n 1time
May 17th, 2006, 06:59
pay no attention to him.. hes just jealous of my greatness.

Martin
May 17th, 2006, 07:19
I'll get you soon :p

EDIT: :D

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/arcade.php

cdrdj
May 17th, 2006, 07:35
I gotta hand it to you guys who are top scorers in the LONG games like Space Invaders. You will probably never see me on there since it takes so much time!

Anyways, THIS ARCADE THING IS FUN. I love challenging scores. As of this writing I have 4 trophies. By Next day, i'll probably have 1, if any at all. That's what makes it so fun for me!! Keep up the Awesome Work!!

DPyro
May 17th, 2006, 07:55
I gotta hand it to you guys who are top scorers in the LONG games like Space Invaders. You will probably never see me on there since it takes so much time!

Anyways, THIS ARCADE THING IS FUN. I love challenging scores. As of this writing I have 4 trophies. By Next day, i'll probably have 1, if any at all. That's what makes it so fun for me!! Keep up the Awesome Work!!
Aww you *******! Stole my 2 trophies!!! :mad: :(

infernomax
May 17th, 2006, 08:04
Aww you *******! Stole my 2 trophies!!! :mad: :(

Unlucky $n!pR :P im Sure you'll win them back... one day

vettacossx
May 17th, 2006, 16:54
whats up with the MODERATORS??stealing our glory

Video_freak
May 17th, 2006, 17:32

ya i know. i had 17 of the top 20 in helicopter. :D

randygland
May 17th, 2006, 18:37
i got 4 or 5 trophies :) including the much vaunted Duck Hunt Trophy! come and have a go chaps :?)

vettacossx
May 17th, 2006, 19:05
lol the arcade kiks @ss you guys ...but since the change sometimes when i refresh it seems to cause dcemu to change to another language! ;)might want to look into that...and when are the DCEMU T-shirts arriving anyone know????

b8a
May 18th, 2006, 12:33
The site's really comming along! These are some nifty features you've got going!

I've noticed just a couple of things since these new features were released though. Links to forum postings from the newsposts display section of the front page no longer automatically open in a new window. Same for "latest topics" links. I also thought it was cool with the previous version how when you'd click on a "latest topic" link that you'd already read, how it would attempt to jump down to the last post that you read. It was real handy for staying on track.

I don't know how many other people possibly miss these features, but I sure do (!_!) I usually browse from Safari, and you have to use a hot key + mouse click combination to open links in new windows, so it gets kind of annoying having to constantly reach for the keyboard just for that...

the one and only
May 18th, 2006, 15:12
gaaahhhh i was so close on sapce invaders waaa

but anyways this forum is becoming really awesome
the downpoint is that i spend more and more time here

lol keep up the good work wraggster