PDA

View Full Version : Screen protectors and RPGs?

Forever~Zero
May 17th, 2006, 07:54
Which one is better? I heard that the ones that stick on the PSP screen isnt that good. So anyone can recommend me one? And does anyone have the crystal casing for the PSP? Mind telling me if its a good protectiong unit for it? My Aunt it going to Australia next week and i want her to get me one. Thankz in advance. Also what RPG would you guys recomend? I prefer RPGs over other genres.

Accordion
May 17th, 2006, 09:10
for a rpg
link to the past or final fantasy 6 via SNES emulator(aslong as your below 2.70) the commercial games are crap

as for the screen protector, best to find a thick hard plastic one, rather than a little piece of sticky back plastic, in the uk GAME sells them for £5 (unless you have friends...) the hard plastic is more expensive but much easier to apply, the soft ones only gaive you bubbles. best to search around, and make sure to get a good thick one, they are sticky but it can clean off easily.
i would stay away from the crystal cases as they hamper the controls. the pouch that came with the psp is fine

Forever~Zero
May 17th, 2006, 10:51
I dont realy like homebrew or emulators so my PSP is on 2.70 Any RPGs to recomemnd? Commercials ones. I am thinking of getting tales of Eternia. Or whatever it ends.

Cooe14
May 19th, 2006, 21:30
You shouldn't have updated because playing Tales of Phantasia (if you can't read japanese just get the DEJAP version) for the SNES Emulator is better than any commercial game avaliable for the psp right now.

Ghengis
June 10th, 2006, 18:21
Um, playing ToP on a GBA is better than all the above suggestions, since they kept the SNES gameplay pretty much to a T, and added a giant new dungeon. It rocks.

Cooe14
June 11th, 2006, 07:17
Um, playing ToP on a GBA is better than all the above suggestions, since they kept the SNES gameplay pretty much to a T, and added a giant new dungeon. It rocks. Actually they changed it quite a bit (for the worse if you ask me). And they cut stuff out of the GBA version that was in the orignal SNES version (the drunken boat scene). I'm guessing you never extensivly played the SNES version.

goldenmage
June 23rd, 2006, 19:32
Most of the commercial RPGs on the PSP are quite lacking. I only have one (PoPoLoCrois) and it isn't that great. I haven't heard too much about that Y's game, and about the tales of eternia game, you should probably check out reviews, screenshots and clips before you decide to buy it. I'd check it out on ign.com first.

Accordion
June 23rd, 2006, 21:12
erm

monster hunter freedom is pretty good
no story though, you just fight amazing dragons and HUNT err MONSTERS
i tried it on a friends psp and it looks incredible, and now i have found out socom works on 1.5 via devhook i might go and buy that aswell,
now my exams are over im having a well deserved game binge
woo

Forever~Zero
June 24th, 2006, 02:02
I got Tales of Eternia and its great. Got lotsa depth and story to it. And the voice acting is great too.

yoshiherder
June 25th, 2006, 20:11
i personally would use the screen guard from pelican ($9 for 2 in US). u cant see any air pockets in the screen, and it also decreases the sun glare. as for rpgs, i would recommend super mario rpg and final fantasy 3 (us) via the snes emulator all the way!!!!!!

BlackJack23
July 1st, 2006, 00:01
I don't personally have experience with anime styled PSP RPGs but have two, in my opinion very good 3d RPGs.

X-Men Legends II:

Very good hack 'n slash style combat with easy to use button mappings.
Character development consists of allocating points gained each level on a wide variety of skills.
Solid story as I have come to expect from X-Men games. Mainly because they have material to use.
8.6/8.8 on Gamespot(Best RPG score there)
A plethora of collectables including actual bonus comic book missions which you collect around the game in the form of 'comic books'
A long game which will keep you entertained for hours
Major Con - Looooong loading times

Kingdom of Paradise AKA in Europe Key of Heaven:

Japanese setting but not anime
Story is nothing special but will keep you interested
Combat system is superb.
You are able to construct your own combos which can be incredibly cool to watch and deadly
I highly recommend that you select English text/subtitles but Japanese Audio as the American voice acting just sounds dreadful as it does in almost all Japanese Anime/games.
Recieved 8.0 from Gamespot
A very long game which will keep you entertained for hours on end.
Very good replayability as well
No collectables/bonus content what so ever

Hope this helps

Accordion
July 1st, 2006, 18:23
the fights look good
but you just hit one button for all attacking
boring