PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Hardware Question

rivera82falcon
May 18th, 2006, 02:37
Hey everyone...not sure if this is the right spot to ask this question. IF not, I apologize, and please move to the right area.

My younger brother broke the top screen of his DS, then took the video cable that connects the bottom of the screen to the top screen and cut it (I have no clue why).

I found replacement cables and screens (which is on its way) but, I wanted to know if anyone can answer this for me. I tried turning on the DS (top screen cable disconnected and WiFi card as well), but when I try to turn on the DS, it flashes for a second then shuts off. I left the battery charging overnight and it still happens. Is this because of the video cable? If so, is there a way to hard-wire the bottom portion of the DS to the top so I can play GBA games til the parts come in?

Thanks for any help givin!

~Falcon

Mr_Biggs
May 26th, 2006, 02:32
i thought that the DS plays gba games on the top screen.

rivera82falcon
May 26th, 2006, 05:03
i thought that the DS plays gba games on the top screen.

Start your DS without a game inside and there you can go into the options and change which screen you want to view the GBA games on. Very nice having it on the bottom IMO.

I got the parts and I replaced the screen and video cable, yet, when I try to start the DS, the bottom screen flashes for not even half a second then turns off. I charged the battery overnight, same thing! I even tried turning it on with the adapter plugged in and, both, with and without the battery as well. Any ideas?

Cooe14
May 26th, 2006, 07:02
Dude I think your DS is fried BUT the DS Lite is coming out soon so replace it with a better one.

Shilo
May 28th, 2006, 02:17
How exatcly did your brother break his DS?