PDA

View Full Version : any way to speed up snes?

branin
May 19th, 2006, 01:56
Ok , im on 2.6 and running the 0.97 eloader for gta. im running the 0.4 TYL Snes emulator , and i was wondering what are some settings that would speed the games up , or does the other versions work faster?

V3N0M
May 19th, 2006, 03:12
Ya there is a way to run it faster but i don't have a 2.6 psp. I'll try to help you anyways. There is an update for 2.0 + so it works better just head over to yoyofr's site and download the update. Hope i help ya.

dan3127
May 19th, 2006, 03:29
yes all you need to do is move what says psp clock under settings from 222 to 333z also you need to change frameskip from 0 to 2 or 3 also change the sound frequency down a couple from 4000 to 1000 and you can also move frames per second up to 120 frames per second. but you may aswell download this updated version of the emulator its better and faster just do the changes i mentioned aswell. once you have downloaded to your documents you will see a 1.0 and 1.5 open the 1.0 you will see snes ty move snes ty to psp game, if you load gta up and that one didnt work then open the 1.5 and u will see 2 snes ty 1 with % and 1 without move both thease 2 psp game one of them works for us 2.60 users so just move all 3 1 by 1 and 1 works fine once you have discovered which one it is delete the others, as i said before i think its the one thats in 1.0 but dont move the 1.0 folder open it and move whats inside the snes ty download it here http://dl.qj.net/SNESPSP_TYL-Standard-Version-v0.4.2-PSP-Emulators/pg/12/fid/7757/catid/135 . hope this helps you:D :D

branin
May 19th, 2006, 04:07
thanks dan , youve helped me out alot!

branin
May 19th, 2006, 04:26
well , now that i tried that link you gave me , i put that 1.0 version in , tried it with eboot 0.97 , showed up a white screen , had to take my battery out to get it back, then tried the 1.5 and it did the same , is the link you gave me a standalone version , or something you put in the 0.4 to update it?

branin
May 19th, 2006, 05:21
allright , i solved everything by looking at one of your other posts , seems your reeally good with this topic. umm all i did was go and download 0.4.2 from the snes website , then i looked and saw something about no-intro , i added that to the 1.5 folder of Snes 0.4.2 and then it worked , see before i did that all i was getting was i white screen when i tried to open 0.4.2 , but now it runs and OMG it runs prolly double the speed of the other one , try playing chrono trigger and ull see what i mean , thanks for all your help dan!

Briggzy11
May 19th, 2006, 17:44
Ok , im on 2.6 and running the 0.97 eloader for gta. im running the 0.4 TYL Snes emulator , and i was wondering what are some settings that would speed the games up , or does the other versions work faster?

...Change the music/sound settings and make it a lower frequency. It made all my games work faster anyway however the sound does not sound as perfect, but its still good. :)

dan3127
May 21st, 2006, 22:56
no problem at all glad to have helped you out, its great to have thease retro consoles on the handheld i grew up with thease consoles when i was like 12 13 14 im 25 now and there in the palm of my hand, anyway have fun with your psp and any probs post il try help best i can:D :D

younggunn1999
May 23rd, 2006, 09:06
Every time I load the dgen emulator in my "games" file and after I use the GTA Eloader and select dgen the screen looks weird and then ten seconds later it turns black and the psp crashes I have a 2.6 does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or if I'm not doing something right. The nesterJ and snes work fine