PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!!

Atomix-Phaze
May 19th, 2006, 20:41
Hi, I have a problem which occured when putting homebrew on a friends psp, it wont read umd's, I had a look at the motor and it is jammed, It will shift a little but thats it. i was wondering if anybody else has had this problem and how they solved it, The guy has my psp as insurance so i really need help.
Thanks
Atomix-Phaze

p.s. he has 2.6 fw on there but everything else is standard.

shadowprophet
May 19th, 2006, 20:59
I need more information,
First off the homebrew may have just glitched the psp.
If a true power down (holding the power button up for a full ten seconds to power it down) doesnt fix this,
Also try takeing the battery out for about thirty secs, and putting it back in.
If this doesnt fix it.
It was just a freaky coincidence where the umd drive was ready to die and just unluckily died while it was in your care, :(

There is also the possibility that the laser lense is dirty with smoke or setelments. Try softly ever so gently clensing the lens with a q tip and some deluted rubbing rubbing alcahol 50% water and 50% alcahol.
Just get the q tipp damp. and make sure to give it enough time to dry before puting umd in.

If any of these things doesnt work. Then somthing is seriously wrong with your friends psp :(

xXSujoXx
May 19th, 2006, 21:04
Heres the Possibilities -
------------------------------
One: The Umd Is Scratched
Two: You Bricked The Psps
Three: Flip battery for a min.
Four: Let Psp Cool Down
Five: Try Cleaning the inside of the umd case with a q-tip... NOT THE LENSE!!!

If none of this works... then i guess your out a psp..

shadowprophet
May 19th, 2006, 21:06
I know but if you know what your doing it can be cleaned this way :p

and besides.
The problem is more likely to be with the lense then the umds:p

Plus that if he was out a psp anyway, why not try cleaning the lense as a last resort at best :confused:
I mean dont chuck it till youve tried everything lol :p

Atomix-Phaze
May 25th, 2006, 12:37
Ive tried em all and it is defianatly the motor cause when i spin it with my finger it will move a little then crunch. I fixed it then i gave it back to him then he brought it back agian saying it didnt work, The poor boy was nearly in tears because his mom had gone crazy, So i gave him mine to keep until (if i do) fix it.

Well im open to suggestions Thanks

Atomix-Phaze

Cooe14
May 26th, 2006, 04:11
He was crying becuse his mom got mad at him for having a broken psp which got messed up in your posession?......My head hurts.