PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me!!!!

MasterChafed
May 20th, 2006, 01:39
Well, I have been using homebrew a lot but have finally decided that i could do it all on the pc, so i decided to upgrade. The problem i, is that i cannot upgrade my 1.5 psp to a 2.7 (or any other version). It launches the eboot from mem stick and disc (havent tried network yet) but when it loads, it just says that the update is corrupt (this is after it loads not when you click on it, but after). I am wondering if anyone has had this problem or can help me. I was using xflash v9b but i made sure i restored everything back to normal before proceeding. Any help?

Shilo
May 20th, 2006, 01:57
Whats wrong with 1.5? BTW is your computer as portable as you PSP??????

MasterChafed
May 20th, 2006, 01:59
listen man, i just want to play new games again. I am not some noob, and i thought this over very carefully, I just want an answer man. This i a big dilemma for me.

Shilo
May 20th, 2006, 02:04
Ya, I see your point now. There are some pretty sweet commerical games out now :D But about your problem, I have no idea :confused:

Edit: I complety forgot about the UMD loaders for 1.5! You can play some games that requre 2.0+ on you 1.5 PSP, but they don't run so well :( (at least the ones i seen didn't)

MasterChafed
May 20th, 2006, 02:08
any program i can use to update?

Cooe14
May 20th, 2006, 02:21
Reset to defualt settings if that dosen't work I don't know.
but why are you updating?!?! Use the UMD Loaders (run UMD, MPH Game Launcher,etc...) to play the new games.

MasterChafed
May 20th, 2006, 02:27
it doesnt work for all new games man. and i have already tried reseting to default.

Cooe14
May 20th, 2006, 02:38
What new game do you want to play?

MasterChafed
May 20th, 2006, 02:47
Field Commander, Loco Roco, Me and My Katamari, ans w/e else is coming out that peaks my interest

MasterChafed
May 20th, 2006, 04:03
I am thinking it might have been something X-Flash did. I am not sure. I reversed everything before trying to update though. Anyone know the file name in the firmware that has to do with updating?

Cooe14
May 20th, 2006, 06:01
It is most likely X-Flash screwed your psp up.

MasterChafed
May 20th, 2006, 08:31
but the only problem with that theory tho, is the fact that the only thing Xflash has to do with tthe update is disabling the network update. And it even says "you can still update with a disc or memory stick"

stotheamuel
May 20th, 2006, 17:11
buy a game that requires the update... put it in... click update icon have a charger plugged in and it fully charged

MasterChafed
May 20th, 2006, 19:34
i have already tried that. I said it wont let me update thrgh disc, memo stick, but i havent tried network, maybe that would work but i doubt it cause its just like downloading from the internet, but its from you psp instead.

charizard2005
May 28th, 2006, 09:01
x flash shudnt do that to your psp as i have used xflash for a while now even the newest version out .... u might have accidently toggled the option network update from on to off try restoring that

coo
May 28th, 2006, 14:00
if all else fails, you can use file assistant to run 2.0 games by using the (i think) boot.bin file