PDA

View Full Version : What Game Would You Like Ported To PSP???

Briggzy11
May 20th, 2006, 18:37
This is my first thread and personally I hope this is not only a popular 1 but also a very useful 1 to all of the PSP coders out there.

There are plenty games that we all play and we all want them on the PSP. There are them games on the Dreamcast such as Sonic Adventure, Quake 3 and Chu Chu Rocket. There are them games on the Sega Saturn such as Nights, Virtua Cop & even Shenmue made it on the Saturn.

I can go on and on about games that should be on the PSP however all that this thread should be about really is your favourite game that you would like ported to the PSP and the extras that could be intergrated into it.

For example I would love somebody to port the first Resident Evil to PSP and maybe a multiplayer Survival option could be added to make it more playable and who knows!!! Maybe put yourself into the game using the PSP camera!!! It can all be made poissible very soon, PSMonkey is doing well on the N64 Emulator and if thats possible, surely any game is possible (Minus PS2 & X-Box games mind).

I do hope there are some great ideas here anyway because all this has been on my mind the moment I bought the UK PSP on the first day of its release.

Take care everybody

x

10shu
May 20th, 2006, 19:32
I Would Love Sega And Namco To Port Some Of There Best Liscence To The Psp

-soul Calibur
-ace Combat
-panzer Dragoon
-etc...

However Nobody On The Homebrew Scene Will "port" Thoses Games. Resident Evil Is No Opensource... So We Just Have To Wait An Official Version....

OHH AND I WOULD LOVE SOME PS2 "CLASSIC" PORTED, SUCH AS DEVIL MAY CRY, ICO, SHADOW OF COLLOSUS, GOD OF WAR, ETC...

mavsman4457
May 20th, 2006, 19:47
backyard baseball is what i have been hoping for for a long time. or any backyard game for that matter.

crowba
May 20th, 2006, 20:11
http://jng.rakeingrass.com/screenshots.php

they need ppl who are able to port it over see forum post

http://forum.rakeingrass.com/viewtopic.php?t=395

TyFood
May 20th, 2006, 21:32
Jedi Outcast!!

yaustar
May 20th, 2006, 22:00
No source = no port so any the games mentioned so far cannot be ported by anyone besides the original developers.

nesianstyles
May 20th, 2006, 22:43
Half-Life

sure you may think it is impossible, but it is based off the quake 2 engine which has been ported to the psp.

kyle2194
May 20th, 2006, 23:09
Half-Life

sure you may think it is impossible, but it is impossible.

bullhead
May 20th, 2006, 23:16
Rollercoaster tycoon! please...

zrns
May 21st, 2006, 14:20
id like to see a port of the old dos game raptor: call of the shadows
that would be awesome

juv3nal
May 22nd, 2006, 00:17
1) better load time & stability for the ur quan masters port
2) binary zoo's mono
3) cave story

nugatron
May 22nd, 2006, 01:42
i would like to see progress in quake 2

Briggzy11
May 22nd, 2006, 04:31
yes I have to say that the Quake 2 could get much better, Ok i have to admit that well I am a coder and I am going to have a go at porting a game, I just needed a few ideas. I understand that the Resident Evil cannot be ported as well as many other games however I am very interested in modding the Quake 2 engine, that sounds good. The backyard baseball could be a interesting project also.

hmmm I wonder if there is any way in contacting the firms such as Capcom and asking for the game codes???

LLJKRevol
May 22nd, 2006, 15:19
The Marathon trilogy, Bungie's predecesor to the Halo series. This is entirely possible thanks to them releasing the source code. There is an SDL port named Aleph One, found at http://source.bungie.org, along with ports to Mac, Windows, Linux, and more.

I imagine a port of this would be simple enough, as the source code is already supplied.

-{PhoeniX}-
May 22nd, 2006, 18:43
lol you are all mentioning to many 3D games, remember home game developers can't really do 3D games yet so just mention cool, 2D games for now.

1) PAC - MAN !!! suprised no one has made this yet.
2) Metal Slug
3) A good RPG

-{PhoeniX}-
May 22nd, 2006, 18:49
Yo Briggzy, noticed you are from Staffordshire too. small world huh, i am too lol. just wanna say since you want to try make a game try make a 2D one that kicks ass, just to get you started

LLJKRevol
May 22nd, 2006, 23:41
lol you are all mentioning to many 3D games, remember home game developers can't really do 3D games yet so just mention cool, 2D games for now.

1) PAC - MAN !!! suprised no one has made this yet.
2) Metal Slug
3) A good RPG

Actually, Marathon is only 2.5D. All enemies, NPCs etc are sprites, and it isn't a true 3D world engine.

And there are several ways to play Metal Slug and Pac Man using console emulators.

Briggzy11
May 23rd, 2006, 03:32
haha Phoenix yeh Im from Tunstall m8...its rubbish but its home lol.

Ok i have come to the conclusion that 2D is going to be much easier and simpliar. There also needs to be a unique game made that does not fit into any of the emulations such as Pac-Man & Metal Slug...

...I want to make a game that anybody can add there upgrade packs too just like IRIS really, so you cud create a character and put him/her/it into the game and you cud put your own themes and music into the game too.

GTA is already in development sadly...

...Wrestling perhaps!!! with its own entrance themes, character creator, ring creator, proper rules...

...this is a idea from another person on the forums but it may be a good gap in the emulation market...

maybe a few more ideas would help!

x

infernomax
May 23rd, 2006, 03:51
I'd just like to see Quake 2 finished like a lot of other people... Does anyone know what team emergency exit (the guys that ported quake2 to psp) are doing ATM? i left a message on their blog but no reply

Briggzy11
May 23rd, 2006, 16:30
hmmm im unsure really but I also would like Quake 2 to get finished off a little more, I have a quake game on my PSP but I dont even think its Quake 2 :S

I better look for it!

slickpick
May 25th, 2006, 15:04
I would love to see

The sims ported (BUT YOU CAN MOVE BY YOURSELF like the sims2)

And if you have ever gone to mycoke.com
Thats the port i want to see (COKESTUDIOS!)

psiko_scweek
May 25th, 2006, 16:09
Id love to see a good RPG, like

Fallout or Fallout2 ported to the PSP,
i know neither of them are open source, but there is the FIFLE (or FIFE) which is an open source engine that loads Fallout and Fallout2 game files.

Other than that, a game like Warcraft or something would be great (again look for FreeCraft)

Accordion
May 25th, 2006, 17:51
pointless thread but oh well

REZ
REZ
REZ
i want REZ

(hmm good rythm emerges when typing that)

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 19:58
Halo 2 - lol like thats ever gonna happen.

V3N0M
June 4th, 2006, 01:26
How about Gunroar. Its a free game for the PC and there is probaly a source code to. One of the best side scrollers i have ever played with really cool graphix kinda like geometery wars.

Briggzy11
June 4th, 2006, 21:28
hahah personally I think the halo will be on the Mighty IRIS but thank you for that idea haha

DirtyDevil
June 4th, 2006, 21:41
do an rpg pretty please :)) how about diablo,is that open source?oh and there are a lot of old dos games wich would be cool,especially the adventure-quest tipes,like "monkey island" lol

gunntims0103
June 4th, 2006, 21:56
i would luv to see roller coster tycoon

Zion
June 4th, 2006, 23:15
For me it would be Final Fantasy 7 or Resident evil 2/3 sor the ps1!

LeperMessiah
June 5th, 2006, 01:35
X:Com Ufo Defense.

Ones of the best games I've ever played.

and also Baldur's Gate, (THe PC Version, not Dark Alliance) or any of the same era Bioware classics, (Icewind Dales, Planescape Torment, etc...)

younggunn1999
June 5th, 2006, 13:02
I would have to say PUNISHER!!! Arcade verson.

jason215
June 7th, 2006, 20:58
A good working command and conquer

Shadowblind
June 7th, 2006, 21:00
KINGDOM ****** HEARTS!!!!
wolfenstein
good GBA emu
hmmmmm..... a music size compresser....

khassen
June 8th, 2006, 13:19
i would love a final fantasy game for the psp, like say final fantasy 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. those were the best final fantasy games ever

Shadowblind
June 8th, 2006, 15:39
actually, you can already play ff1-6 on psp. As for FFVII, YEAH!!!
What about the port of Quake 3? Coulda sworn some1s working on that...
Sonic Adventure
Unreal
ROLLER COASTER TYCOON!
Nerf: Arena Blast
And the list goes on and on...

Briggzy11
June 8th, 2006, 16:08
I really want that Rollercoaster Tycoon to be added onto the PSP as well, among others like Shivers and Lode Runner.

Surely there is a source code or something for FF7...that is a game I would like to see ported, well Im unsure since advent children is arriving on PSP now!

Und3rw0rld
June 9th, 2006, 17:18
lol there all posting like this unportable games at the moment ...

i w00t like soldat that multiplayer game its really fun it doesnt need wifi some bots wut be fine 2

Surajk
June 10th, 2006, 17:58
Counterstrike, command and conquer, red alert, stronghold, red alert 2 would all be amazing on the psp!

\/oid
June 10th, 2006, 18:39
I think a soldat port would be very cool...wifi karnage:) or a good worms clone..

Chdc chris
June 10th, 2006, 18:47
I would love Tomb raider 1,2,3,4,5 to be ported :D

Briggzy11
June 12th, 2006, 00:33
haha hopefully the PSX emulator will be made for Tomb Raider lol

Zion
June 12th, 2006, 00:47
Final Fantasy 7 :p