PDA

View Full Version : psp emulator help needed

twolitre
May 21st, 2006, 12:28
hi there, i am new to this forum and would like a bit of help with my psp. i have just had it downgraded from version 2 to 1.5. all of the necessary software has been put on for use of many games. i recently brought a batch off games that work fine (iso format). however just purchased another 70 games off which non work but have noticed that they are not iso format but are rar files. do i need a different emulator on psp for these to work. cheers

yaustar
May 21st, 2006, 15:59
ISO discussion is not permitted on these forums.

10shu
May 21st, 2006, 17:12
i glad u get rip off :)

Elsid
May 21st, 2006, 17:33
lol

twolitre
May 21st, 2006, 19:10
apologies, did not realise.:)

mavsman4457
May 21st, 2006, 21:45
i'm not sure if this is against the rules to talk about but if there is a psp emulaotr on psp then why can't a ps1 emulator be made very easily? or is the psp iso loader even an emulator?

tsurumaru
May 22nd, 2006, 09:45
i'm not sure if this is against the rules to talk about but if there is a psp emulaotr on psp then why can't a ps1 emulator be made very easily? or is the psp iso loader even an emulator?

Huh?

There isn't a PSP emulator on PSP, that doesn't even make sense.

An ISO loader simply reads an image of a UMD that is saved to a MS as if it were a UMD.

This is completely different to emulating a different chip set, and besides ISO discussions are barred.

mavsman4457
May 22nd, 2006, 22:48
ok that's what i thought but the guy that started the thread referred to it as an emulator and no one corrected him so i thought he might be right.

jjhru
May 22nd, 2006, 23:57
RAR files are like ZIP files, u just need a different program to unzip them

http://www.winrar.com

twolitre
May 23rd, 2006, 07:57
like i said i am new to the psp and this forum so i did not realise that there was a problem to discuss eye so files. from what i can gather on this forum a lot of people are from the usa or canada where as i am from england and there does not seem to be as much information around the psp. on my console when i start up there is an emulator which allows me to run games.:)

Darksaviour69
May 23rd, 2006, 08:53
ISO discussion is not permitted on these forums.