PDA

View Full Version : Peeps with fw 1.00 are going to love this..

not here anymore
May 22nd, 2006, 18:51
Check this out!
http://0okm.blogspot.com/
This tool allows you to backup your fw 1.00
Then upgrade to 1.50.
And if you are not happy with 1.50 you can go back to 1.00!
I have a 1.00 but haven't been courageous enough to test it yet. ^_^;;
If you do, please report!
Later,

TSR
Edit: THIS IS NOT a 1.50 to 1.00 downgrader because it needs the dump of your specific current 1.00 fw to be able to restore it to 1.00.

Exemple: If a user with 1.00 backups his firwmare with the tool and give it to a 1.50 user who wish to downgrade, it will NOT work.

gotmilk0112
May 22nd, 2006, 22:42
i dont even have 1.00 but even if i did wouldnt want to upgrade to 1.50 and have to use kXploit. anyways 1.00 can run ALL homebrew and is quick to install quicker than 1.50 u just put the folder in the GAME folder and play

kyle2194
May 22nd, 2006, 22:45
Someone post a backup!!!!

not here anymore
May 22nd, 2006, 22:54
i dont even have 1.00 but even if i did wouldnt want to upgrade to 1.50 and have to use kXploit. anyways 1.00 can run ALL homebrew and is quick to install quicker than 1.50 u just put the folder in the GAME folder and play

No, very much unfortunately, 1.00 doesn't boot most ISO loaders nor is it compatible with the MPH Firmware Launcher.

Kyle, I don't think a backup would help in any way since it is meant to be flashed back SPECIFICALLY to the PSP it was dumped from.
Flashing it on another PSP would destroy it.
Later,

TSR

Cooe14
May 23rd, 2006, 02:29
There is too high of a chance of bickage for my liking.

V3N0M
May 23rd, 2006, 05:07

Not with no Kxploit patcher 1.5 is better than a 1.0 we have the best of both lol.

F9zDark
May 23rd, 2006, 16:29
Eh thats an opinion. Once again, its one more step that needs to be taken to ease the homebrew road on 1.5.

1.0 just download, install and your good to go. No need to running other programs to make the non-kxploited games run.

As for this post; sounds like a scam to me. I wouldn't ever try it, simply because I paid alot of money for my 1.0 PSP to have it imported from Japan (as well, its price was marked up simply because its rarity).

V3N0M
May 23rd, 2006, 21:53
What the NO KXPLOIT PACHER? Its real and it work the best part is that it rund in the ram so theres no chance of bricking your psp. Oh btw its not a scam i am a member here at DCEmu and a respected one at that. It makes me mad when you accuse others of being scam artists. Just look at my dam banner i help people every day. Oh BTW i use the dam No kxploit just go to the apps section and find it yourself.

Cooe14
May 24th, 2006, 00:12
What the NO KXPLOIT PACHER? Its real and it work the best part is that it rund in the ram so theres no chance of bricking your psp. Oh btw its not a scam i am a member here at DCEmu and a respected one at that. It makes me mad when you accuse others of being scam artists. Just look at my dam banner i help people every day. Oh BTW i use the dam No kxploit just go to the apps section and find it yourself.
Too bad that whenever you do a hard power off (which I do a lot) the ram get's erased and you have to reinstall this again so that kinda defeats the purpose and I don't want aynthing taking up un nesseciary space up on the psp's limted ram. So I am still hoping someone discovers a way to downgrade from 1.5 to 1.0.

Zion
May 24th, 2006, 00:23
Personally I have just got 1.5 on my psp (replaced the motherboard) and would not want any other firmware.

The majority of homebrew is made for 1.5 anyway and there are programs that can convert the eboots for you now anyway (seiPSPtool)

That can rename the folders as well to get rid of the corrupted data icons, and convert 1.5 eboots to 1.0.

So really i cannot see any good reason to downgrade to 1.0 anyway.

not here anymore
May 24th, 2006, 00:31
I'll give a good(?) reason:
psp 1.0 boots homebrew in 3 seconds. 1.50 boots them in 9 seconds.
When you beta test, trust me, you get to love 1.00.
Later,

TSR

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 01:37
Thats not entirely true. Alot of that depends on what your trying to load. And 1.5 is in my opinion the best FW for homebrew many because most homebrew are made for 1.5 and on top of the fact that most people except people in Japan have 1.5. And now homebrew for 1.5 can use 1.5 and 1.0 eboots. Making 1.5 the best lol in my opinion.

not here anymore
May 24th, 2006, 03:48
that's entirely true. 1.50 takes at least 3x the time it takes 1.00 to load homebrew.

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 03:58
No it doesn't i can vouch for that as i have 1.0 and a 1.5 and since homebrew has been updated it runs just as fast.

.:PSP1.0:.
May 24th, 2006, 11:50
I wouldn't ever try it, simply because I paid alot of money for my 1.0 PSP to have it imported from Japan (as well, its price was marked up simply because its rarity).

Gotta agree with you there man i paid a $hit load of money well alot more for my v1.0 then the rest of my other PSP's..

not here anymore
May 24th, 2006, 16:37
No it doesn't i can vouch for that as i have 1.0 and a 1.5 and since homebrew has been updated it runs just as fast.

No man, you're wrong.
Booting ANY homebrew on 1.0 takes 3 secs. Booting ANY homebrew on 1.50 takes 8-9 seconds.
Maybe your 1.0 is an old 1.50 which version number has been downgraded and you've been scammed.
Just try it for yourself.
From the MS XMB menu, launch the homebrew, start counting the time from there until the first screen of the app.
Do the same on 1.50 and see that i'm right.
Later,

TSR

F9zDark
May 25th, 2006, 19:01
Regardless of the speed of which homebrew loads, 1.0 and 1.5 still have advantages and disadvantages over each other.

For starters, by virtue of the firmware 1.5 has a few more features than 1.0.

But 1.0 has the ease of being able to run homebrew without hacking or special tools.

It can also run bare ELFs, which opens the doors to far more homebrew possibilities than on a 1.5.

Both firmwares are surperb in their own ways. And I really don't think its a big deal as to which one is 'better' per se. I have both and love them equally, but simply looking at what I paid for the 1.0 PSP, I really only use it when friends come over and we want to play some multiplayer SNES roms or Quake multiplayer.

My 1.5 PSP is the 'work horse' and gets used for everything.

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 19:50
No man, you're wrong.
Booting ANY homebrew on 1.0 takes 3 secs. Booting ANY homebrew on 1.50 takes 8-9 seconds.
Maybe your 1.0 is an old 1.50 which version number has been downgraded and you've been scammed.
Just try it for yourself.
From the MS XMB menu, launch the homebrew, start counting the time from there until the first screen of the app.
Do the same on 1.50 and see that i'm right.
Later,

TSR

How can that be true don't you remember when its tricked to 1.0 from 2.0 it cant play homebrew. It would need to be updated to 1.5. I bought it from Japan before it was released in the US.

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 19:55
Regardless of the speed of which homebrew loads, 1.0 and 1.5 still have advantages and disadvantages over each other.

For starters, by virtue of the firmware 1.5 has a few more features than 1.0.

But 1.0 has the ease of being able to run homebrew without hacking or special tools.

It can also run bare ELFs, which opens the doors to far more homebrew possibilities than on a 1.5.

Both firmwares are surperb in their own ways. And I really don't think its a big deal as to which one is 'better' per se. I have both and love them equally, but simply looking at what I paid for the 1.0 PSP, I really only use it when friends come over and we want to play some multiplayer SNES roms or Quake multiplayer.

My 1.5 PSP is the 'work horse' and gets used for everything.

I agree. But with advancements in homebrew i've noticed a huge speed increase from the early days being from 8-9 seconds to load to (i just tested it right now on the new version of 4.2 of snes) 3-5 seconds.

not here anymore
May 25th, 2006, 20:27
I have both and love them equally, but simply looking at what I paid for the 1.0 PSP, I really only use it when friends come over and we want to play some multiplayer SNES roms or Quake multiplayer.

You said it yourself. You got both 1.0 & 1.50, so your opinion doesn't count when it comes to selecting one of them.
Not everybody can afford 2 PSPs.

How can that be true don't you remember when its tricked to 1.0 from 2.0 it cant play homebrew.

Provided you have a real 1.00 like you seem to say, then the only other explanation is that you don't know how to time something.
Or else, you don't have a 1.00 at all and just speak bs just for the sake of it.
Later,

TSR

F9zDark
May 25th, 2006, 20:54
But it also means that I have both, and therefore can test them...

As well if you hadn't noticed I was trying to diffuse an otherwise hairy situation. We don't need people's opinions escalating into a flame war now do we?

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 21:33
No it was a mature discussion nobody was getting angre we were discussing the benefits for both Firmwares.

not here anymore
May 25th, 2006, 21:49
But it also means that I have both, and therefore can test them...

Oh right, so could you please confirm to 'JmanUmmKay' that indeed the 1.00 boots homebrews 2-3 times faster than 1.50, showing that either he doesn't know how to time stuffs or that he just doesn't have a 1.00?
Thanks in advance F9z,

TSR

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 21:55
I know it does all i'm saying is 1.5 has gotten faster.

And stop flamming this is a disscussion and i do like my 1.5 more than 1.0 simply because 1.5 is over all more used and homebrew now is made for 1.5 and the others but mainly 1.5. It has features 1.0 doesn't on top of homebrew. There are advantages and disadvantages to every firmware but in my personal opinion 1.5 is the best.

F9zDark
May 26th, 2006, 08:44
OK I did trial with Quake on 1.0 and 1.5

1.0 took about 8 seconds to load Quake
1.5 took about 12 seconds to load Quake

Not really a difference to be complaining about. Obviously other programs might take longer, but the fact is that the 1.5 takes longer because it needs to trick the PSP to load the homebrew.

The KXploit method allows homebrew to run (my opinion) is that when the AES signature checker begins the process of checking for the key, information in the directory structure and EBOOT being loaded, fouls up the check, which then, it moves onto the second directory which contains all the data for the homebrew.

Obviously this takes time. And by my measure, about 4 seconds.

Hardly 2-3 times faster. Nor is it a real reason to prefer 1.0 over 1.5. For the sticklers out there, ok. But I like the 1.0 because I can run any Sony file I throw at it (whether it be an EBOOT.PBP or an .ELF).

With everyone KXploiting homebrew nowadays, the effort and guess work in trying to get homebrew running on a 1.5 is gone.

V3N0M
May 26th, 2006, 09:28
Agreed. Just a note... after it loads it runs just as fast as a 1.0 does.

not here anymore
May 26th, 2006, 14:43
Yes of course, i'm speaking about the time it takes for the PSP to BOOT the app. The program speed itself is just as fast.

Well dunno about Quake but an app like SnesTYL or PSPRadio takes 3 times less on 1.0, with the figures I have given: 3 sec versus 8secs
Anyway. You two guys won't try this new Backup & Restore tools so it's kind of pointless arguing with you.
If I had 2 PSPs i'd prolly react like you. But i don't.
Later,

TSR