PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware Problems.

zowow
May 23rd, 2006, 20:41
I've just got a PSP off ebay and bought it cause its a Version 1.00. Before I read up properly, I updated it to 2.00.

I've now downgraded it back to version 1 using the MPH stuff, but when i load the version 1.5 update, i am faced with this message:

"The system cannot be updated. The update program is not applicable for this system (80000025)"

I've also tried resetting the factory settings but it seems like i can only have version 1 or 2

Any help would be well appreciated

cheers guys....

Cooe14
May 23rd, 2006, 20:49
Get a different 1.5 update and make sure you have it on your memory stick in an PSP/GAME/UPDATE when you trick it to 1.00.

zowow
May 23rd, 2006, 20:59
i've tried several... none of them work. i forgot to add it is a japanese machine. So do I need a JP specific update? does anyone know where i can get it?

another interesting note, when i do upgrade it to v2 it did come up with a failiure notice

Cooe14
May 23rd, 2006, 21:04
But do you have to update on your psp WHILE while you run the overflow.tiff?

zowow
May 23rd, 2006, 21:16
no, i did the overflow tiff thingy, and then it came up with the garbage, so i reset it and then run the 1.5 update. That's when i got the message

Cooe14
May 23rd, 2006, 21:25
I don't know what the problem is though you could downgrade through PSPSetX instead of MPH Downgrader, you might find that is easier.

Accordion
May 23rd, 2006, 21:55
yeah try pspsetX
make sure you have a 1.5 update either on memory stick or umd and run pspsetX through eloader(tiff)
choose downgrade, and the app will change your version number to 1.0 to allow you to run the 1.5 update
you still get a freeze at 99% it is okay just leave it for 20 seconds then hard reset, press (0) on the blue error screen and follow the instructions for time, etc

woohoo you now have a 1.5
dont you dare use it for the wrong reasons
ill find you
arghhh