PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 4gig memory stick pro duo

melfra
October 12th, 2009, 05:17
Today I cued up my psp when I noticed that none of my files were visible. I hooked up the usb cable to my computer, and there was a message on the screen saying, "There is no Memory Stick inserted," so I removed my card and placed it in my computer, where it read all of the files without problem. I did some searching around and came across a post which said to format the stick to FAT16 and the psp should be able to read it again, so I followed the instructions there, but to no avail. After some more digging, I saw many other people with similar problems, but for the most part their cards were bootlegs (I bought mine at the local Best Buy, so no go there) or they weren't able to get their computers to read anything off the cards at all.

I've been messing around with this all night and I just can't figure anything out. Does anyone have any ideas? It's just bothering me like mad, because it was working perfectly fine yesterday! Just as a sidenote, my psp is running 3.90 M33. I can't find my pandora battery anywhere, so I'm really hoping this doesn't turn out to be a reinstall CFW issue. (although if it was, well, that would be a bit easier to deal with than buying a new card!)

melfra
October 12th, 2009, 20:30
Apologies for the double post. I just remembered this morning that I DID have an extra memory card, so I plugged it into the psp and it won't read that one either. I finally found my pandora battery as well, but I'm not sure what steps I should take next to get the psp reading memory cards again. Anyone?

dante221
October 19th, 2009, 19:07
Before you do a CFW re-install, try updating your PSP's firmware to 5.50 GEN and clean our your PSP's memory stick slot with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. Also, as a safety measure, back-up all of your data from your mem stick and format it to the FAT file-system