PDA

View Full Version : Real Newb Question

fusionx
May 25th, 2006, 00:08
hey,
new to this whole psp thing. So if i was to go out and by a psp at frys bestbuy or circuitcity do you think they would still have a 2.6 version firmware. That would be appreciated, also if i could ask them if they could sell me a 2.6 like if they had ones that were in the back?

luis_05
May 25th, 2006, 00:38
depends, i got mine at taget and it still had fw 2.01 cuz i twas shipped during x-mas time. Asked them when they got the psp's that is going to help out a lot. As for u trying to get a fw 2.6 i have no idea why? i would try to get a fw 1.5 cuz u can run a lot more homebrew on it. Hope that helps.

Zion
May 25th, 2006, 00:46
Cant see why not. I would reccomend bying a v1.5 on ebay though. You will have a lot more homebrew this way. And a lot less hassle (eboot loaders)

kyle2194
May 25th, 2006, 01:56
My personal fav is going to gamestop, asking if they have any used psps. They were very nice, they found an outlet, i plugged the psp into the charger, started it up, it was 1.5. So i said i'll buy it.

.:PSP1.0:.
May 25th, 2006, 10:02
My personal fav is going to gamestop, asking if they have any used psps. They were very nice, they found an outlet, i plugged the psp into the charger, started it up, it was 1.5. So i said i'll buy it.

Shiet thats a good find! Lucky duck! ;)