PDA

View Full Version : PSPSIM: A SamCoupé Emulator for PSP v1.0.1

zx-81
May 25th, 2006, 16:41
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspsim-snap-1.jpg

Hi All,

SimCoupe emulates a SAM Coupe - an 8-bit, Z80-based home computer released in 1989 by Miles Gordon Technology.
For more information on the machine itself, including history and technical specification you can go on the SimCoupe web site (http://www.simcoupe.org)

Originally developed for UNIX and DOS systems by Allan Skillman, it has been then improved and ported to SDL by Simon Owen, Dave Laundon.

I've sucessfully modified, and port the source code of the CVS version 0.90 beta 4 of SamCoupe.
It's now working fine on PSP !

It has been developped on linux for Firmware 2.5 using the great GTA eloader (0.97) from http://www.fanjita.org/, but it should work properly
on other firmwares. I've integrated a 1.5FW binary version (kxploit).

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

It's a first beta release and work still remain (speed, save state etc ...)

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public licence, read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

PS: Special thanks to Danzel and Jeff Chen for their virtual keyboard, and to all PSPSDK developpers.

Enjoy, :)

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

luis_05
May 25th, 2006, 17:22
Sweet!! This is real cool. The only thing is that like Zx-81 said its a lil slow. On the lemmings game I clicked on one player and it took 2 minutes to load at 333mhz. The only thing I would like to see is the A-pad used instead of the d-pad. The a-pad is much faster to switch between lemmings. Nonetheless this is a great emu!! keep up the good work!!!

crossfadeking
May 25th, 2006, 17:25
zx you are one crazy porting mo fo.
man you must be up all night on coke just to bring us and update or new release each day.

but its all good.

thanks

zx-81
May 25th, 2006, 17:56
Sweet!! This is real cool. The only thing is that like Zx-81 said its a lil slow.

It's a bit slow yes, i haven't done any improvement on this part of the code.

On the lemmings game I clicked on one player and it took 2 minutes to load at 333mhz. The only thing I would like to see is the A-pad used instead of the d-pad. The a-pad is much faster to switch between lemmings. Nonetheless this is a great emu!! keep up the good work!!!

About the a-pad/d-pad you can switch between the two in the emulator menu ... Like you, i'm using the analog pad for lemmings, it's more convenient :)

luis_05
May 25th, 2006, 18:27
Sweet, thanks for the help. I didnt think u would respond this fast!!! lol. Once again great Emu dude!!!!

StealthCP
May 25th, 2006, 18:28
Man, you are the KING!!!

Hope you port Keen 4-6 soon then I would actually donate lots of money to you.. you've got the right idea on which emulators to make. Keep them coming! No rush, of course.. :D

jman420
May 25th, 2006, 18:53
well, its another emulator to add to the massive collection :D

Hawq
May 25th, 2006, 19:47
When I finally finish getting my PSP I'll be able to banish the memory of not being able to afford a SAM when I was younger, well ok I can do it now on the PC but not when in the car or in bed, good stuff.

mr_nick666
May 25th, 2006, 20:05
I love you I love you I love you I love you! :D (In a manly heterosexual way of course!)
I really never though Id see a SAM coupe emulator on the PSP - I asked you to do it expecting no reply.. Now look! :p You are truly the man ;) Just gotta go and dust off my old SAM disks and convert them so I can play them :cool:
Thanks again - you truly are a legend :D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 25th, 2006, 21:00
man oh man reminds me of my training scheme back in the 80's not as good as I remember it lol.Good emu tho :)jesus how many peeps remember this computer when cpt america was the only good good game for it if you can call it that ??? Probably not many:(

mr_nick666
May 25th, 2006, 21:50
Here are some screens :)
Im loving this emu :D Im sure there'll be a speed increase in the future but running it at 333 on a frameskip of 2 seems fine :o Yay!

zx-81
May 25th, 2006, 21:58
Excellent Nick, I've tried only Prince of Persia and Lemmings :o :o

mr_nick666
May 25th, 2006, 23:03
Ive got about every game that was available for the SAM and about 90% of the PD that was around too! :rolleyes: If you need anything for testing, etc.. just let me know :D

Ive tried Sphera, Manic Miner, Prince of Persia, Planet of the Robot Monsters, The ESI demo, The SAM Juggler Demo, FRED 46, Defenders of the Earth, Klax, Tetris and Bats 'n' Balls so far... :eek:
Im like a kid in a sweet shop :rolleyes:

Oh yeah! The joypad keys were configured wrong! It should be
Up-9 Down-7 Left-6 Right-8 Fire-0

Great emu - Thanks again! :D

zx-81
May 26th, 2006, 00:05
Ive got about every game that was available for the SAM and about 90% of the PD that was around too! :rolleyes: If you need anything for testing, etc.. just let me know :D

I won't miss this opportunity ;)

Oh yeah! The joypad keys were configured wrong! It should be
Up-9 Down-7 Left-6 Right-8 Fire-0

I don't get the point, i put random values ... :D

mr_nick666
May 26th, 2006, 09:54
I don't get the point, i put random values ... :D

Sorry! Was a bit vague! :o
The keys the joypad is set to is what I meant!
Theyre set to 6,7,8 and 9 at the mo but that makes down left and left down! :rolleyes:

I'll email you some test software :D

zx-81
May 26th, 2006, 10:08
Sorry! Was a bit vague! :o
The keys the joypad is set to is what I meant!
Theyre set to 6,7,8 and 9 at the mo but that makes down left and left down! :rolleyes:

I'll email you some test software :D

Many thanks :)

mr_nick666
May 26th, 2006, 10:37
Emailed you some stuff ZX :)

mr_nick666
May 28th, 2006, 17:56
Looks like youre getting a feature in a magazine with this emu! :) Hope you dont mind but I sent some pics of the emu running on my PSP :confused:

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 18:11
Looks like youre getting a feature in a magazine with this emu! :) Hope you dont mind but I sent some pics of the emu running on my PSP :confused:

No problem, please feel free to do so lol !