PDA

View Full Version : How to extract games successfully

eyedee
October 14th, 2009, 20:25
Hey, I've been an admirer of this forum and its dedicated members for quite some time and, although I have just joined, what I've learned is possible from these pages led me to go purchase a PSP 3003.

I already own a Sony Yaroze and a load of classic games (all original and official!) which I was hoping to play on the PSP. I understand I can play PSX games through my PS3 via the remote link, but nearly all my games are NTSC-J or USA so they wont play on my Pal PS3. I've spent all day learning how to install ChickHEN R2, CFW 5.03 Gen-A and most recently how to convert and install PSX games. I've tried Rage Racer (Jap) and Akumajo Dracula X - Nocturne in the Moonlight (Jap) but have not had much success. Rage Racer has no music at all and Dracula X is corrupt.

I'm using ISOBuster to extract Track1 of my game CD's and then using AutoPopstation4 to prepare the .bin data for the PSP. But it seems to me that the music for the game is not on track 1 - which could be causing the problem? - But then how would you extract the music too if you can only extract a single track through AutoPopstation4? And Dracula X extracts and prepares without obvious fault, even allowing my custom ICON and Background PIC to display on the PSP screen, but the game wont start? The PSP just says 'corrupt'

Can anyone shed some light on these problems for me please? I've kind of been teaching myself and I'm guessing I've got something a bit wrong! I can't wait to be able to play my old games again! Thanks.

eyedee
October 15th, 2009, 01:28
I guess this was more difficult than I even realised. I've been relentlessly trying everything I can think of to get my PSX games onto my PSP and many hours later at half midnight I might accept defeat! :rolleyes:

Is there a decent guide to converting PSX games from official CD to the PSP that exists? Most youtube videos I've seen are not informative enough or use dodgy virus and trojan crawling software. Any help please? I won't have much hair left come the morning! ;)

Eviltaco64
October 16th, 2009, 00:24
You can rip the .iso from any given PS1 disc, convert it into an Eboot with PopstationGUI, and find plugins so you have compatibility on your side.

eyedee
October 18th, 2009, 15:08
Thanks for the info. I've been doing that using a number of programs (IsoBuster, Alcohol52% etc. to rip the ISO, and Popstation4, GUI PopStation 3 and IceT etc. to create the eboot files and I've learnt all sorts by experimenting.

The only games I'm having issues with are my Rage Racer and Ridge Racer Revolution games. They play on the PSP fine, but with no music. I've tried ripping the ISO as ccd and mds files through Alcohol before creating an EBOOT in GUI PS 3, but that hasn't worked and I'm out of ideas.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it?

Thanks