PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a GBA Emulator on PSP 3000 Firmware 6.10

fignutz6
October 14th, 2009, 22:27
Hey guys, this'll be my first post on this forum so I apologize in in advanced if this has been covered.

As the title says I have a psp 3000 with the latest (as of today) firmware and have been trying to get different emulators to work on it to no avail.

I have been downloading the files, then sending them to the GAME folder and extracting them, but it keeps telling me that the file is corrupted. Ive been reading that I would have to Downgrade my firmware or even reset it to some kinda "kernel 1.5"(?).

This is the one Ive been trying: (http://dl.qj.net/gpSP-mod-20090720-PSP-Emulators/pg/12/fid/27418/catid/122)

I love all the features the firmwares offer and still play my regular downloaded PSP games too so I am hoping there is a way to have the best of both worlds (pardon the corny cliche). :(

Saracchini
October 14th, 2009, 23:16
Any kind of homebrew (no official software) can be ran in a PSP only if it have Custom Firmware or through an exploit. Your firmware is official 6.10, all its know exploits which you can use now were patched. So, for now you dont have how to run anything that is not official in your PSP.
Be patient and wait the release of an HEN (homebrew enabler) for your firmware.

fignutz6
October 15th, 2009, 00:54
Ok, thanks for the info. I don't suppose anyone knows when thats expected to be released....

jerrymh
October 19th, 2009, 02:06
For 3000 there are no hombrew neither CFW, only if your have firmware 5.02 the only FW whit exploit + chickhen, 6.10 is not sopported and maybe never will be.

imooi2001
October 21st, 2009, 08:14
Hi my psp running 5.00M33-6
what is the best GBA emulator I should use?
also is there any emulator for GameBoyAdvanced SP and where do I find the ROM for GBA SP is any?
TIA

For 3000 there are no hombrew neither CFW, only if your have firmware 5.02 the only FW whit exploit + chickhen, 6.10 is not sopported and maybe never will be.

imooi2001
October 21st, 2009, 09:14

sorry just to be clearer... is there a lot of ROM for GBA SP games now?

jerrymh
October 24th, 2009, 04:35
Hi my psp running 5.00M33-6
what is the best GBA emulator I should use?
also is there any emulator for GameBoyAdvanced SP and where do I find the ROM for GBA SP is any?
TIA

sorry just to be clearer... is there a lot of ROM for GBA SP games now?

Here my friend, click on the link.
It is the latest version, and is already configured.
GPSP is the best emu out there
Extract it to memory stick root and overwrite and
Just copy your GBA roms on de roms directory on gpsp forlder on the PSP

And for the roms search on google.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3SI6B116

But for start, just give it a try, a surprise is already on this package:thumbup:

GBA and GBA SP roms are the same thing.
Your can find almost all games from GBA on roms