PDA

View Full Version : Need help downgrading my PSP Slim

dante221
October 18th, 2009, 10:58
So I got a hold of my friend's PSP phat and made a pandora's battery with his phat battery. Fits in my PSP slim just fine and I also got a mms using RainMMS with the 1.50 PBP firmware. I gave it a test on my friend's PSP. It started up the service mode just fine, but when I did it on mine, it didn't do anything. If you need to know, my PSP slim has the 4.01 OFW, model is PSP-2001

Eviltaco64
October 18th, 2009, 17:56
When you got the PSP, did it already have firmware 4.01 on it? If so (unless it was upgraded previously), it may have a TA-088v3 motherboard (which is the first unpandorable board).

There's other methods of hacking, though (like the Medal of Honor: Heroes exploit).

dante221
October 18th, 2009, 18:32
I got it from my uncle, who of which bought it from a pawn shop. I know this will work because I popped in the pandora battery on my brother's PSP (which is also a PSP-2001 with the latest firmware) and the screen came on, but nothing else. Maybe I need to get a different CFW for this to work

dante221
October 18th, 2009, 19:14
Update: I got my brother's PSP slim modded with the 4.01-M33 firmware. Still no dice on mine. Maybe I do have the TA-088v3 board

dante221
October 18th, 2009, 20:07
I used the TA-088v3 identifier on my PSP and it shows that I do NOT have the TA-088v3 motherboard

Eviltaco64
October 18th, 2009, 20:36
How did you run TA-088v3 ident if your PSP can't run unsigned code?

I'm guessing you turned the PSP on in service mode and exited out of it?

Also, no need to triple-post. Just edit your current post and people will eventually reply.

dante221
October 18th, 2009, 22:21
Sorry. I'm just getting a little impatient

I followed this guide on another forum and did everything it told me. On the first part, the power light stayed green, so I got a little sad to know my PSP is unhackable, but there was one more test. It was with the 4.05 IPL and the light turned on, and then off, which shows that my PSP does not have the TA-088v3

Here's the forum I looked at
http://www.consolespot.net/forums/psp-news/16988-ta-088v3-identifier.html

Eviltaco64
October 18th, 2009, 23:44
Hmm, I remember having issues modding my friend's PSP with a Pandora battery once. I made a magic memory stick with Rains MMS Maker for my own PSP, later deleted the firmware eboot, and tried booting it on my friends PSP. It needed that eboot to continue.

So, I just turned the PSP back on in standard mode, put the eboot back where it was supposed to be, and tried restarting it. It didn't even load the ddc screen. So, I tried re-creating the MMS, and it still didn't work.

What I ended up doing was removing the firmware eboot once more (while keeping the MMS files on my memory stick) and letting it boot to the ddc screen. I then took my memory stick out of my friends' PSP and used my own to re-add the firmware eboot. I put it back in and it worked!

Try doing the above. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what's up with your PSP. :P

dante221
October 19th, 2009, 04:11
I misread the guide. After reading and attempting the test once more, I found out that my PSP has the TA-088v3 board, no doubt about it.... *sigh* What a waste of $180

Eviltaco64
October 19th, 2009, 05:14
What firmware did you use? The firmware that I used for the ta-088 identifier was 4.05 and I'm not sure if RainMMS can make a magic memory stick with that firmware

I didn't make it with a PSP. I just used the Windows version of Rains MMS Maker and a TOOL battery. :P

dante221
October 19th, 2009, 05:16
Your a little too late. I found out that my PSP is now useless because of the 088v3 identifier. Now I don't even want the damn thing

By the way, thanks for all of the help. Now I'll go and wish that I didn't waste $180 on this thing

dante221
October 19th, 2009, 09:13
http://geekwhisperin.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/professor-hubert-farnsworth.jpgGood news, everyone!

I found an app that will enable my TA-088v3 motherboard to have a custom FW so I can play my ISOs

http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-enabler-v10-load-m33-cfw-via-chickhen