PDA

View Full Version : PSPColem: A ColecoVision Emulator for PSP v1.0.2

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 02:19
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspcolem-snap-2.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPColem the Colecovision Emulator for PSP.

What's new in version 1.0.2 :

- The Sound is now fully supported !
- Fix CPU speed issue

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public licence, read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

Enjoy, :D

Zx.

PS: Special thanks to Fredjmh123 for his help on sound issue/support on this forum ...

Illegal Machine
May 28th, 2006, 02:47
niiiiiiiiiiice

Just tested it out and it might need a little joystick optimization, maybe a little more control over the button layout. otherwise its perfect. maybe a pause for the start button? and add in some d-pad support... just in case someone has a preference for one over the other. but this is kicking ass so far dude.

oh and whats with that jumping penguin game that automaticly comes up when you start the emu?

by the way,
you are the man

next?

Intellivision!

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 02:49
In parallel with msx ? :D

altunozara
May 28th, 2006, 05:26
umm soz about this but is there a way i can advertise my game on this site. lol its an rpg game from rpg maker i njust wna get it on a site so my friends can see it

altunozara
May 28th, 2006, 05:27
i meen just post the download here

alleyal202
May 28th, 2006, 07:48
great job!now all we need now is a sega CD emulator!

djamm
May 28th, 2006, 08:10
Love the speed and the sound!!!!just need to add support for the super controlers and save state...

thanks...

well msx should be just an expansion of the coleco emu....should be good -=smiles=-

I am loving the retro emulation atm on the psp

by the way....what about the vectrix or adam...or a 5200 port....guess I mentioned the bliss a bit earlier...

Cheers,

-=djamm=-

Nelsonpby
May 28th, 2006, 08:54
Very nice! And works flawlessly on 2.0 now :D

Illegal Machine
May 28th, 2006, 09:02
my 1st bug/request report

1. Save settings doesnt work at all.. whenever I save the settings, exit, and restart the app, I have to reset all the settings. so you might want to look at that.

2. the default rom that you put (the jumping penguin) couldnt you just start at the rom select screen and make the first rom you select the "first rom"? like any other emu

3. maybe support for the .col extention? It's not really important, but changing every extention after downloading is getting a little tiresome.

4. could you please make it so that the user has full control over the button layout? I'd like to be able to place the keyboard on whatever key I want, along with the menu screen, and whatever.

5. thanks for all your great work so far! this emulator is top notch

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 09:32
niiiiiiiiiiice

Just tested it out and it might need a little joystick optimization, maybe a little more control over the button layout.

You can already remap all the keyboard layout using the keyboard menu ;)

otherwise its perfect. maybe a pause for the start button? and add in some d-pad support... just in case someone has a preference for one over the other.

You can toggle between d-pad and a-pad in the emulator menu.

oh and whats with that jumping penguin game that automaticly comes up when you start the emu?

This is because i like this game lol !

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 09:35
Love the speed and the sound!!!!just need to add support for the super controlers and save state...

For the save state, i think there is no problem and it should be soon available. For the wheel, i've to see because i'm not sure the original ColEm Emulator support this stuff ...

well msx should be just an expansion of the coleco emu....

Many part of the code is the same as ColEm so it will be easier. I've got already a working version on my PSP, but with no keyboard, and no UI lol !

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 09:40
First of all thanks for your comments and feedback :)

my 1st bug/request report

1. Save settings doesnt work at all.. whenever I save the settings, exit, and restart the app, I have to reset all the settings. so you might want to look at that.

Yes, :o settings are saved but not loaded at startup :o :o

2. the default rom that you put (the jumping penguin) couldnt you just start at the rom select screen and make the first rom you select the "first rom"? like any other emu

If you like, but you have to hit the select key at startup and you're in the emulator menu ...

3. maybe support for the .col extention? It's not really important, but changing every extention after downloading is getting a little tiresome.

Yes, very simple to do ...

4. could you please make it so that the user has full control over the button layout? I'd like to be able to place the keyboard on whatever key I want, along with the menu screen, and whatever.

In the keyboard menu ... :D

Illegal Machine
May 28th, 2006, 09:40
You can already remap all the keyboard layout using the keyboard menu ;)

Not that. I mean making L trigger the keyboard command if I wanted to, or select, or whatever the user feels like making it.

You can toggle between d-pad and a-pad in the emulator menu.

I meant both at the same time, not one or the other.

This is because i like this game lol !

I am LOVIN it thank you

kschewe
May 28th, 2006, 10:11
great work
bring back memories as one of my first game systems!

Maybe one day an intellevision emulator?

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 13:27
i don't know if an opensource/GNU intellevision emulator exists :confused: ...

Hungry Horace
May 28th, 2006, 13:31
zx-81.... named after the Sinclair machine.

creates psp emulators for retro-sytems right-left-centre.

but will he ever do a Sinclair emulator?? ;)

what else is on the list then?!

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 14:33
to polish PSPColem (nearly done, with save game support) and to port msx, and that's folks for now

:D

StealthCP
May 28th, 2006, 16:47
zx-81, just an idea. I have noticed that in your first version the PSP clocked at 222 is way more than the ColecoVision Emulator needs :D How about underclocking the app? I think at about 100 it would still work fine, and imagine the battery life...

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 16:50
zx-81, just an idea. I have noticed that in your first version the PSP clocked at 222 is way more than the ColecoVision Emulator needs :D How about underclocking the app? I think at about 100 it would still work fine, and imagine the battery life...

lol ! Good idea :), but now with sound support the speed is just fine i think, isn't it ?

djamm
May 28th, 2006, 17:01
i don't know if an opensource/GNU intellevision emulator exists :confused: ...

*wicked grin*

Intellivision Emulator source code is being released under the GPL.

"BLISS" (http://bliss.kylesblog.com/)

might like to check it out as there seems some interest in this classic gaming console.

Cheers,

-=djamm=-

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 17:29
*wicked grin*

Intellivision Emulator source code is being released under the GPL.

"BLISS" (http://bliss.kylesblog.com/)

might like to check it out as there seems some interest in this classic gaming console.

Cheers,

-=djamm=-

Thanks :). I've compiled the linux version of JZint and it works fine. It's based on SDL and should be easy to port. Nevertheless, i'm working on other emu for the moment ;)

parsifal968
May 28th, 2006, 19:09
to polish PSPColem (nearly done, with save game support) and to port msx, and that's folks for now

:D

msx?
and VIC-20 is not the first after coleco?

any hope for a fast port is from your very well hard work! ;)

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 19:30
msx?
and VIC-20 is not the first after coleco?

any hope for a fast port is from your very well hard work! ;)

:D :D BTW, i won't port all emu lol !

zx-81
June 2nd, 2006, 23:00
great work
bring back memories as one of my first game systems!

Maybe one day an intellevision emulator?

done it ;)