PDA

View Full Version : UMD Loader.

kyle2194
May 28th, 2006, 04:34
Well I decided I'd make a UMD game loader. From what I understand, its compatibility is pretty much the same as the Genesis UMD Loader. But with 2 major differences.

First of all, it uses a z folder instead of an x folder. Meaning it will not conflict with any existing UMD loaders, or game fixes like the Worms fix.

Also, there is no main interface. When you start the launcher, your game starts, simple as that.

All you have to do is extract the archive to the root of your PSP's memory stick. (The removable disk in my computer.)

I'd like to add it only works on 1.5. And could you please test your own games and post back?

Credits: Kyle2194, Saturn Expedition Committee, and Reborn from PS2NFO.

crowba
May 28th, 2006, 04:46
it will brick my psp.. i bet

Cooe14
May 28th, 2006, 05:20
it will brick my psp.. i bet
That's impossible because this doesn't write to flash.

kyle2194
May 28th, 2006, 05:37
Thank you Cooe14.

Cooe14
May 28th, 2006, 07:17
Np :)

.:PSP1.0:.
May 28th, 2006, 08:55
Hey kyle i tested Grand Theft Auto: liberty Cities on it.. At first i wasnt sure if it was working but after bout 10-15 seconds it loaded up.. Will do more testing for you on other games.. Thank you mate :)

ENG
May 28th, 2006, 13:42
So, there is no chance at all of this bricking my PSP, does it just load the flash off the memory stick ?

May 29th, 2006, 09:37
OMFG! Last night when i did some further testing i got STREET SUPREMCY to work on my v1.5 (which requires 2.5 update) using your loader kyle have tried the mph game loader which did not run the umd! Thank you kyle and team! :P

BTW: It wont brick your PSP's! :)

V3N0M
May 29th, 2006, 09:46
Has anyone tried Daxter? Thats 2.6 and a USA version.

May 29th, 2006, 11:34
Has anyone tried Daxter? Thats 2.6 and a USA version.

Wish i could try it for you man but i don't have the game :( but i seriously can't belive street supremcy works! I've tried MPH GAMELOADER and RUMUMD and they both did'nt work with the umd, keep testing guys cos this game loader seems very promising! :P

RapidRaver
May 29th, 2006, 19:31
I have extracted the archive to the root of my PSP's 1.5 memory stick. And i placed a UMD into my PSP. Now how do i load the game up? If i go to Game -> UMD - it justs says update system software ?
Can anyone help me ?

RapidRaver
May 29th, 2006, 20:07
Ignore me. It is beacause I UnZiped It Wrong :P Lol

RapidRaver
May 29th, 2006, 20:16
Does any Cheatdevices work on this ?

RapidRaver
May 29th, 2006, 20:16
CheatDevices in GTA LCS i meant to say.

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 20:25
Do you mean edison carter's cheat device?

RapidRaver
May 30th, 2006, 11:17
Yeah but that only works for homebrew PSP's 2.0+
I have a 1.5 psp so is there any cheat devices like edison carters but for 1.5 psp's ?

RapidRaver
May 30th, 2006, 11:22
By the way this loader is good and i'm impressed but the only prob is that when i play GTA: LCS, it crashes after 10 minutes of game play :(

pkmaximum
May 31st, 2006, 04:07
Hmmmmm this issue seems very simmilar with Grand Theft Auto LBS. Well anyway can anyone test if any network support works (really doubt it but couldn't hurt to find out) Also can someone tell me if syphon filter works :)

May 31st, 2006, 09:22
I still can't seem to get multiplayer option to work with GTA:LCS even with this UMD loader :(

scottyboynow
May 31st, 2006, 14:13
Well i wish that some one could work on a 2.70 loader or something that is a flash loader eg a program made as a flash that runs on psp that can open a homebrew app that would be brill but i wish there were flash games designed 4 psp coz the psp always sez that there ent enough memory i wish that could be fixed aswell

Neo9786
June 16th, 2006, 22:22
i cant download the umd.zip... help!!!

Tetris999
June 17th, 2006, 04:23
ummmm did u try clicking on it or did u put it into a wrong folder? use ure brain man really...

Neo9786
June 24th, 2006, 03:48
kk, i got it. i couldnt dl it cause i just signed up that day... i got it..
thanks

Accordion
June 24th, 2006, 17:18
devhook really removes any problems with crashing
i bought euro socom UMD the other day it requires 2.6
even though devhook is a 2.50 emu it worked perfectly with 0.41d

anyway
i was thinking, couldnt you change the code to launch more of the firmware files, and then put the ones you need for devhook in the x/z folder, that way you can get online and better compatibility, and be able to exit to the 1.50 home menu, rather than needing to do a hard reset

Neo9786
June 25th, 2006, 03:06
how do i kno this will not brick my psp?

Neo9786
June 25th, 2006, 03:08
why hasnt this reached the public beyond this site yet?

Tetris999
June 28th, 2006, 19:21
smash smash smash why dont you people go back to the god dam daxter portion cuz i gotta know if daxter works! (sorry for being rude but im really pissed)

lobsterclaws
July 6th, 2006, 03:45
Does any Cheatdevices work on this ?

Yes, The Edison Carter cheat device v1.0 does work. Ad Hoc doesn't, but saving and loading completely works

Noice Work

lobsterclaws
July 6th, 2006, 04:05
Games that I have that I have tested, and have had work:

*GTA: Liberty City Stories- Requires 2.0,Played for a good 10 min. no freezing, and I hd cheat device loaded
(Start-up Loading time Seemed to Actually go Quicker)

*The Hustle: Detroit Streets- Requires 2.0, Works Great, even though it isn't that good of a game. Can Load and save games

*Twisted Metal: Head On- Requires a Firmware, Can be loaded using the loader.
(This Info. Is Probably Useless)
*Socom, U.S. Navy Seals, F.T.B.- Requires 2.0, Didn't Play Very Long, But the Game Cannot Detect The Memory Card, so obviously that means no saving.
(I had The Same Experience While Using RUN UMD)

*Grip Shift- Requires 1.52, works, loads and saves flawlessly

*Frantix- Requires 1.52, Seems To Work Fine, I didn't Have Any Problems.

This is the one loader out of many that I have Tried, and not had GTA freeze up on me with in the first five minutes. I love it Thank you.

Baboon
July 6th, 2006, 16:06
I'll give this a try later once I get to my home PC.

I havent had much joy with devhook, but if this plays my GTA UMD i'll be chuffed (If it also plays my Street fighter Alpha 3 and Monster Hunter I'll been very happy). :)

I'll let u know how it goes once ive tested it.

Baboon
July 6th, 2006, 18:45
Gutted, it didnt work for me. I tried GTA and the screen just went blank. :(

Dya think its because ive got the datel 4g hard drive?

lobsterclaws
July 6th, 2006, 22:44
Baboon, did you put the 'z' file on the root of your mem stick, or are you even using one. You might want to put it on a 32mb stick( if you still have the one that came with your psp)

Baboon
July 7th, 2006, 08:26
Yep, I put the 'z' file on the root but it didnt work, just get a black screen then it turns off after a while. :(

I dont think Ive got my original mem stick that came with my psp anymore, but i'll check later.

I know the datel hard drive isnt that fast, but it defo doesnt work for me with this application (or dev hook), which is a shame.

lobsterclaws
July 10th, 2006, 23:38
If anybody wants GTA to work, I am pretty sure you have to either load stunt project, or possibly start a game, and then pause it for a good minute or two. For some reason, it was freezing up on me over the weekend, so give it a try you lazy ****s.

DirtyCrab
July 15th, 2006, 02:15
Sorry i dont quit uunderstand how this works.
I unzipped this to the root of my psp memory and i placed the Umd in and went to Game and then to UMD but i ran into the problem that rapid guy had wut did i do wrong?

lobsterclaws
July 20th, 2006, 17:00
Dirty Crab, try reading the readme file, or if you are to stupid to, then put the 'Z' file on the root of your memory card(that is before you click psp). Then put the files that are under the game folder into the game section.

splodger15
July 20th, 2006, 18:09
So, there is no chance at all of this bricking my PSP, does it just load the flash off the memory stick ?

PLEASE LISTEN THIS WILL NOT BRICK THE PSP AS IT DOES NOT WRITE TO FLASH IF YOURE WORRIED THEN DONT USE IT

IT WILL NOT BRICK YOURE PSP

lobsterclaws
July 27th, 2006, 20:36
Splodger15, I hate you. I hope you die, you are a piece of shit. They said that over a month ago, you are a little late bitch ass.

Kaiser
July 27th, 2006, 20:54
Splodger15, I hate you. I hope you die, you are a piece of shit. They said that over a month ago, you are a little late bitch ass.

Quit with the flaming. I understand he was replying to an old post but no need to be such a dick about it.