PDA

View Full Version : Contacted SCEE regarding Factory reset

bulldog83
May 28th, 2006, 04:36
I just sent Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) an e-mail in regards to resetting the PSP to factory Defaults as im sure this is more than possible its just a case of asking them in a unique and Legal sounding way so i will see what they say if they dont reply then i'll call them and harrass them untill they give in. I have contacted SCEE in the past regarding all my playstation problems (always had Sony products) at least in a gaming sense although i prefer PC for home gaming the Console systems are ok for a laugh and the PSP means i can play at work :):) but thats off topic most products have a factory reset or bios flashing util (flash memory) so i dont see how this could be a problem. if all else fails i shall then field strip my psp and rebuild it untill i can work out how to play with the hardware side of things. MOD chipping may also be a possibility in the future as with most types of consoles, I do not see how this could be different it just may take longer in regards to the size of the PSP:D :D anyway playing with my hardware isnt a current option as i just bought it and frankly i dont mind paying for the games but the prices are still high for other people so i recomend getting a job and working for it :P maybe a paper round for some of you younger lads and ladettes............ but anyway i will keep you guys informed in regards to SCEE
maybe others should try this option if we spam them they may BREAK!!!!
e-mail : [email protected]
Tel (UK) : 08705998877

crowba
May 28th, 2006, 05:05
you can reset "factory defaults" in your PSP setup

bulldog83
May 28th, 2006, 05:11
no a Factory Reset is a full reset of the onboard bios and flash memory in essence resetting the PSP to the first Firmware release in this case it should be 1.00 or something to that effect then this should enable you to upgrade to 1.5 or whatever if it is a hardware reset for this then it will also mean bricked PSP's should be repairable

Cooe14
May 28th, 2006, 05:39
Sony doesn't want that because it would mean people could downgrade back to 1.5 to use ISO loaders.

felonyr301
May 28th, 2006, 06:08
and thats why you want this factory reset and dont lie lol