PDA

View Full Version : Mplayer CE freezing problems

Mahzes
October 20th, 2009, 10:29
EDIT: I have tried all three versions of Any Title Deleter, and I still can't get rid of IOS202. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

Well, I've been using MPlayer CE for the best part of a year now and had no problems until recently.

Now, the player seems to crash and freeze upon startup, almost entirely at random. The onyl (temporary) fix I've really got so far is to simply reinstall the player, but it usually starts freezing again after a few times loading the app.

I read a bit about it on the main Mplayer CE site, which said:

"If you have installed the cIOS located: Here and is causing MPlayerCE to freeze (whilst loading up) and you can only run MPlayerCE by removing IOS202, then install the cIOS by hermes: Here. As always select an appropriate IOS to do the installation, selecting IOS202 (homebrew)."

I tried installing the cIOS fix by hermes, and again that only seems to be a temporary fix. Looking closer, it says I need to remove IOS202?

Ultimately, how do I remove IOS202, and does that mean I won't be able to play DVDs on my Wii anymore? (not that I do often anyway, but still)

Also can someone tell me exactly what I should do to install the hermes patch?

Does anyone have an idea of why these problems have started occuring, anyway?