PDA

View Full Version : DGEN 1.30 problem

moco
May 28th, 2006, 14:08
Hi im having a prob with this emu....... my psp's running 2.6 and iv had this emu running fine but today i tried to load the emu through eloader and it crashes on the rom selection screen and resets. My sms and snes emu's are still running fine..... its just dgens. I tried formating the memory stick and then putting it all back on there but im still getting this problem.

any ideas??

thanks

Rob

gavind
May 28th, 2006, 20:44
on a 2.6, i thought 2.6 didnt run any homebrew:confused: dot com

nevermind, turns out im wrong and just a bit slow today:p

V3N0M
May 28th, 2006, 21:15
I don't know how to help you as i have 1.5 but why don't you just update to from 1.30 to 1.50?

Zion
May 28th, 2006, 23:34
Dont press the "R" button in the menu when you first use dgen. once you have loaded your game then you can go into the menu and press "R" to load a savestate etc.

For some reason it seems to crash/freeze the emulator when you press "R" at the start.

moco
May 29th, 2006, 14:51
I don't know how to help you as i have 1.5 but why don't you just update to from 1.30 to 1.50?

1.50 doesnt run on 2.6 firmware does it?

Dont press the "R" button in the menu when you first use dgen. once you have loaded your game then you can go into the menu and press "R" to load a savestate etc.

For some reason it seems to crash/freeze the emulator when you press "R" at the start.

Havnt been pressing anything....... as soon as i load it up from eloader i get the screen with the roms but its all mreged together and just turns off the psp after about 5 seconds :(

pspcross
May 29th, 2006, 15:18
How to run DGens 1.3 on 2.01+ Firmware
Right.... something i kinda managed to do by accident, but its working ok now so i thought i'd stick this up...

(only tested on 2.5 firmware)

1) (if you havent already) Download and install Fanjita's eLoader

2) Create a Folder on the memstick /PSP/GAME/DGEN0.7/ and copy the 0.7 version of dgen into it.

3) Copy the folders from the dgen1.3 zip into /PSP/GAME/
put your roms (still zipped) anywhere you like

4) Boot GTA and run the eLoader, both versions should be available

http://www.djcresswell.com/psp/eloader.jpg

5) Run 0.7, there should be nothing to do here, so quit back to the eLoader with L-R-Start

http://www.djcresswell.com/psp/07.jpg

6) Run 1.3, load your roms and start playing!

http://www.djcresswell.com/psp/13.jpg
http://www.djcresswell.com/amigashots/sega.jpg

--- some (minor) problems ---

The "input" page on 1.3 tends to freeze up and crash the PSP sometimes... avoid using it. In order to safely change your controller configs (for example, enabling the analogue stick) do the neccessary config updates on 0.7 and then copy the .CFG file from its folder into the 1.3 folder.

If the game running on 1.3 refuses to go back to the menu (L) use the L-R-Start method to go back to the eLoader and load 1.3 again.

have fun!! I'm *loving* sensible soccer!

also make sure that all the files are transferred properly via usb. i found that the light on the left hand side of the psp flashes when transferring but also it flashes stops then after a few seconds it flashes again. only after the second flashing have i found files to be transferred properly.
i was coming out of the usb connection after the first set of flashing but since i waited i haven't had a single problem since. applies to all fiels transfered via psp usb screen.

just a note.

good luck

by the way i am on the final boss of phanstay star 4 at the moment.

Illegal Machine
May 29th, 2006, 20:28
WOW

you guys just made me love my 1.5 even more..

it must suck balls to have to do all that garbage just to run an emulator.

moco
May 29th, 2006, 22:50
thanks for the help pspcross.... il try it now.

and yes...... it sucks balls big time lol. But im just grateful that it possible to run them at all on my 2.6 ;)

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 22:54
Moco, did you get it working?

moco
May 29th, 2006, 23:20
Just tried it but it didnt work :( 0.7 loaded up fine but when i went back to 1.3 it crashed again, this isnt looking good...getting a bit worried now:eek:

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 23:26
Id test it for you but im on a 1.5 psp now!

I suggest to use 0.70 for now.

Check to see if dgen 1.30 is compatible with the eboot loader here : www.noobz.eu

And make sure you are using the 1.0 version of the eboot not the 1.5 one

moco
May 29th, 2006, 23:40
Id test it for you but im on a 1.5 psp now!

I suggest to use 0.70 for now.

Check to see if dgen 1.30 is compatible with the eboot loader here : www.noobz.eu

And make sure you are using the 1.0 version of the eboot not the 1.5 one

will do....... but as i mentioned iv had this running absolutely fine up till now. I didnt play the emu's for a while as i was a bit addicted to gta .... when i went back to play dgens this all happened :(

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 23:49
In that case, try formatting your memory card and then reinstalling dgen.

Also (i might have said this already) dont use zipped roms. it seems more compatible with the bin files

moco
May 30th, 2006, 15:43
tried formating the card and starting from fresh but im still getting this problem...... which seems odd as it worked before.... i would have thought formating it would solve the problem.

Hope im not stuck using 0.7 cos that doesnt run nearly as good as 1.3 :(

ichigo
June 27th, 2006, 00:28
i have the same problem with dgen 1.30 when i start the emu from eloader it begins to freeze on the dgen menu and after that my psp shuts off :confused:
any1 who knos how to fix this????

nem2k2
August 24th, 2006, 13:07
I have 2.6 fw / 0.97 eloader and I had the same problem, after playing GTA and saving my game DGEN stopped working (it crashed after loading). To solve it I moved my GTA save games off the memory card... then when GTA loads it loads straight into eLoader and DGEN works fine.

I think I will use a seperate memory card for my GTA save games (the 32MB that came with my PSP) and my larger card for homebrew stuff.