PDA

View Full Version : US PSP upgraded with UK game HELP!

SoQb0nc5r
May 28th, 2006, 23:06
hi, I had a US psp, i upgraded using street fighter UK game. Bought a few UMD movies, Region 2 (UK) some work some dont :S

is my PSP region 1 (USA) or region 2 (UK)? :S please help!

Zion
May 28th, 2006, 23:09
I think the psp is region free.

SoQb0nc5r
May 28th, 2006, 23:49
I am talking about UMD movies, they are not.

shadowprophet
May 29th, 2006, 00:03
I just got daxz loader and went on about my buisness :(
It loads everything reguardless :(
And yah i got street fighter alpha 3 max too, works fine on my 1.5 with daxz loader :(

SoQb0nc5r
May 29th, 2006, 00:15
well, i upgraded to 2.5 for that, i upgraded to 2.6 for syphon filter and then 2.7 for flash :D

well i dont care about homebrew much, well you have nice graphics umd comercial games :)

oh, please answer my question.. I now bought a region 1 umd movie, lets see if that works...

shadowprophet
May 29th, 2006, 00:20
well, i upgraded to 2.5 for that, i upgraded to 2.6 for syphon filter and then 2.7 for flash :D

well i dont care about homebrew much, well you have nice graphics umd comercial games :)

oh, please answer my question.. I now bought a region 1 umd movie, lets see if that works...
Really wouldnt matter at this point anyway :)
That new psp mod chip thats comeing out is gonna win the firmware war :p
I have a 1.5 but im getting one anyway :p
It will be nice to switch between frimwares :)
And this mod chip will work on any psp reguardless of its firmware, being as its a firmware replacment :p
If all else fails bro, would look into getting one if i where you :)

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 00:50
What about upgrading again? with a US update file?

SoQb0nc5r
May 29th, 2006, 01:01
Actually I want my PSP to be region 2, because i am in UK, and region 2 umd movies are easier to get (ebay, etc) compared to region 1 umd movies.

If i upgrade (when the next upgrade comes out) using US update, will be PSP DEFINITAELY be a region 1 PSP?

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 01:03
I think so yeah. Dont do it until someone else confirms it though...

Venon
May 31st, 2006, 17:45
Hi, I'm a brazilian guy form São Paulo, and i want make a question.

Please try anderstand my inglish (I don't speech this liguage).

I have a 1.5 U.S. PSP and upgraded this to 2.0 firmware to play Gta.

First, have some way to play Gta with 1.5 version perfectly?

Second, if yes, were i found this.

Thanks to all you, and congratulations for always help.

TJTurkster
June 3rd, 2006, 10:49
I also have a US PSP i use in the UK and the other day i tried out all my mates' games and umd movies (games do have region coding, look at the back of the game box there IS a region code there or should be) and they all worked fine. Am runing firmware 2.71.

SoQb0nc5r
June 3rd, 2006, 13:01
I think the region code for games just means that they are either EURO, USA or ASIA, but works in all PSPs.

I am suprised to hear about the movies, check behind what region are the movies, if your mate got it from here (UK) they should be region 2.

Oh, and I bought a region 1 umd (hellboy) and it works on my PSP.... So I have a region 2 Matrix movie and a region 1 hellboy movie, which both work :D