PDA

View Full Version : Cant connect via USB to my PC

Nicknicklive
October 23rd, 2009, 00:39
Just today my psp wouldnt connect to my PC :[
i've tried multiple pc's(XP and 7, multiple usb ports on both) and multiple usb cables and every time it gets stuck at saying "Please Wait..."

But on the PC side, nothing happens, i dont hear the chime i usually do, and nothing with an error shows up in the device manager.... any ideas?

EDIT:: i can get ot the recovery menu on my memory stick, but i've never fooled around in there....so i dont wanna break anything. Also im using 5.50 GEN-A (FULL) on a 1000 system.

2ND EDIT:: well after trying my psp on another computer which has never had contact with a psp i've deduced it must be the psp itself. Im assuming something got fried on the mobo when i had a battery pretty much explode while i was playing it yesterday.

QUESTION:: i havent opened a psp before, the usb connector is on the main mobo correct? i've seen 2 different boards that go into the psp, a big one and a small one. Also isnt the firmware stored on the bigger board? Where's the cheapest place to get them?

zxxxy18
October 28th, 2009, 19:44
You should reinstall fw because if psp says "please wait" it means your psp fells usb cable. Psp feels usb trough usb's - so check on the mobo are the middle usb legs(data+ and data-) soldered because of often use they can be desoldered. If they are find a guy who will fix it for ya or if you know how to use soldering iron then do it by your self. You can also try disabling all the plugins. To reinstall fw use psp tool thing. ANSWER: board with usb conector is motherboard(fw is stored in a mobo, samsung chip which has 32mb ram and 32 mb nand (fw is on nand)), board with ms slot is ms and wifi board, board with turn on switch and x o [] ^ is seitch board. Hope I helped.