PDA

View Full Version : PSP Radio 0.38.11 & AFKIM Plugin

wraggster
May 29th, 2006, 22:49
Raf and the PSP Radio team (http://pspradio.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=468) have released a new version of PSP Radio and an AFKIM Plugin, heres whats new:

0.38.11 (r1184) ( 2006-05-28 )
NEW FEATURES
(raf) Added support for the new SHOUTcast DB Listing. This will retrieve now 500 stations by default. Look at the config file to change.
(raf) Dyn/Retawq: Updated priority to 45 so it will co-operate with pspradio better.
(sandberg) Core: Updated danzeff to support 90 degrees CW rotated keyboards.
(raf) Code: Started adding proxy support. Test it by enabling in the .cfg file.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 22:52
Yes. an update to psp radio! this is a great app.

shadowprophet
May 29th, 2006, 23:04
I love wifi homebrew.
Almost anything wifi and homebrew is sure to make me happy :p

jman420
May 29th, 2006, 23:27
sweet! nothing better then listening to techno on your psp via wifi, while standing outside smoking :D

and shadow, your new sig just doesent have the humor of your old one :P

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 23:33
[QUOTE=jman420]sweet! nothing better then listening to techno on your psp via wifi, while standing outside smoking :D

Yeah good times....!:p

luis_05
May 29th, 2006, 23:53
Im getting and error: "error opening stream" what am I doing wrong?

FW. 2.01, Eloader "bock"

shadowprophet
May 30th, 2006, 00:00
In your psp menu have you set up your wifi connection?
And also I havnt had a chance to try this one just yet but. there is usualy a net scanner in these releases, have you tried that yet?

jaydoo
May 30th, 2006, 00:01
Always happy to see a release of this prog.

New DB support is appreciated.

luis_05
May 30th, 2006, 00:03
is there a specific name for the wifi coonnection? also what is a net scanner? thanks for ur help

shadowprophet
May 30th, 2006, 00:16
Im not saying you dont know how to do this.
Its just eaiser for me to go through these stepes to make sure we cover everything.

In your psp menu go to settings thats all the way over to the left.
then go to network settings. thats all the way at the bottom. (at least on firmware 1.5 it is)
inside network settings go to infrastructure mode. click on that.
It will either have a connetion there or say new connection.
.for this brief walkthrough we are going to assume you dont have a connection.
So click on new connection
it will want you to give that connection a name.
Anything will do.
then in the next menu afer you have decided on a name for your connection.
you will see some options like ssid and encryption. the ssid is the name of your network.
the encryption is the password for your wify connection. since I could not know these I will assume you do and continue :o

after you have scanned your ssid should now be the name of your network.
encryption . again is just the password you have on your wifi router.
going on over next you will see Address settings
Just pick easy setting this usualy works beter and faster for all concerned. lol
After this you will see a setting list
Telling you verious features of your network connection, go on ahead and click over and you will see an option that sais press x button to save settings, do so and now you psp should be set up for wify :cool:

I hope this has been able to help you in some way ;)

*edit I also forgot to mention that more times then not. people forget to turn there wify on lol there a Switch on the left side oppisit of the power switch. flip that sucker all the way up :D

luis_05
May 30th, 2006, 00:19
no that didnt work :-( still getting that same error. thanks for ur help, i wish i can get this great homebrew application runnign on my psp!!

shadowprophet
May 30th, 2006, 00:25
There is in your options somwhere,
I put my psp away and so I cant tell you exactly where,
But there is somwhere in the menus a wify power saver option. make sure that is always turned off to use wify :o

jman420
May 30th, 2006, 00:40
omfg, this is the shite! afkim and psp radio! finaly a psp yahoo im program that works.. and of course.... you also get shoutcast in the background.... f'n sweet!

jman420
May 30th, 2006, 00:51
however, i have a question for AFKIM, I added 2 yahoo accounts, and now every time i start it, it logs on both, is there a way to deleate one of the accounts? or do i have to create a new bitlbee account without adding the 2 accounts?

mavsman4457
May 30th, 2006, 01:09
how do i know whether to use static or dynamic?

shadowprophet
May 30th, 2006, 01:25
Static if your directly connected to the net through a router.
But dynamic of your ip changes because you are useing a proxy program ;)

drew4237
May 30th, 2006, 01:37
i am connected useing my router and the ip stays the same but it is usually faster on the dynamic one when i go on the web but the stacit works with all homebrew

mavsman4457
May 30th, 2006, 01:38
thanks, do i have to put the afkim into a certain folder of pspradio or is it already set?

pspfan
May 30th, 2006, 02:50
I'm guessing you're talking about the download, and if you should download the Static or the Dynamic version of PSP Radio. If this is what you're asking, Dynamic is for FW1.5, while Static is for all other firmwares. Dynamic runs in kernel mode, so it can run plugins. This also means the afkim plugin will only work on the Dynamic version, and thus only works for those with FW1.5. Hope that helps.

Edit: wraggster, it appears the Dynamic download is an invalid .zip archive...

Voltron
May 30th, 2006, 03:46
Awesome - This has for a while been one of my favorite PSP App's. It just seems to get better and better. I am very happy to see this progress.

drew4237
May 30th, 2006, 03:50
1.0 users use the dynamic one just like the 1.5 users

and u have to extract the afkim into the ___SCE___pspradio folder not the **% folder

pspfan
May 30th, 2006, 03:53
Yeah, I forgot about FW1.0. Usually they do the same thing as FW1.5 because they also have kernel access.

drew4237
May 30th, 2006, 03:57
the last few releases havent been as good as teh old ones. the new ones try to fix somthing but the wreak somthing else i cant get anything to work and ive been using this from teh beggining, when it first came out so i know what the hell im doing

smoky
May 30th, 2006, 05:01
so i have 2.6fw ... does that mean i cant use the plugin along with the psp radio.. and i got another question.. cant i use them seperately.. i got my afkim previous version and my psp radio previous version.. is it truly necessary to upgrade?...cuz i read that message concerning the dynamic and static ..my psp radio is static...

jindragon76
May 30th, 2006, 07:45
How do I get eLoader to rescan my folders for new emulators that I've downloaded, and to remove the ones that I've deleted?

StealthCP
May 30th, 2006, 09:35
pspfan, I get this quite often on dcemu, don't know why but it happens. Sometimes downloads finish early, and are not the complete file. To check it it is totally completed, look at the file size of the attachment, then at the one you downloaded. If it's smaller then redownload it.

No idea why it happens, don't mind though. Though still quite odd it stores the incomplete file as if it were finished.

Mr. Shizzy
May 30th, 2006, 10:45
How do I get eLoader to rescan my folders for new emulators that I've downloaded, and to remove the ones that I've deleted?

If your using 0.97 Eloader press select in the menu

mavsman4457
May 30th, 2006, 17:29
why is the keyboard in afkim so much slower than the keyboard in links? i experienced this in the standalone verisons as well and it is amazing to me how fast the keyboard in links is after i have used afkim for a little bit.

justin138
June 5th, 2006, 11:56
I was having some weird 0.0.0.0 IP problem and saw on their boards that the way to correct it is by resetting your PSP to factory settings. This is what it showed my connection name as, too! My real connection name was home. Obviously I couldn't connect to my router as my ip was 0.0.0.0..
EDIT 2, image:
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9184/wtf8nh.jpg

Anywho, I reset to factory settings and my PSPRadio works now..KIND OF..still one problem. When I press start, the things I'm cycling through don't highlight orange like they should. I can cycle, but there's no highlighted text, so it's hard to know what I'm picking. The only time I can see highlighted menu text is in the Plugins menu or if I choose the Text3D plugin.

I made an account on the site but it hasn't seen a confirmation mail. Can someone else post this on their board or PM it to raf?

gsyph0
June 6th, 2006, 17:06
so it will work over my WEP encryption? A lot of homebrew won't for whatever reason.

Looks awesome. Can't wait to try it out

stook02740
June 6th, 2006, 17:23
I have my wifi on, and still get nothing. 2.5, eloader 0.96. The IP address always reads 0.00.0

mavsman4457
June 13th, 2006, 21:37
Would it be possible to use www.orb.com with the combination of Link and PSPradio here?

emulating_you
July 8th, 2006, 05:32
man this is a great app thank for making it!!!!!

LAMPRO
July 25th, 2006, 06:03
Can I create a playlist out of my fav streams that are already on the shoutcast list?, so instead of fumbling through to find a stream, i can just pull up the playlist screen and run through my favs!!.. anyone?

LAMPRO
July 25th, 2006, 19:58
Is There An Easier Way To Ensure Wifi Signal Is Being Held?

And Someone Answer Post #34- Thanks!!

LAMPRO
July 26th, 2006, 02:54
anyone?????

see post 34 and 35!!

adamthebighead
July 26th, 2006, 05:39
I cant seem to stream the music with psp radio