PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble updating? READ THIS!

IndianCheese
May 30th, 2006, 02:08
This is sort of a P.S.A./FAQ. I have seen waaaay to many threads saying "I Can't Update!!!!!" and so I decided that I would post this here. HOPEFULLY IT WILL BECOME STICKIED SO I DON'T HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF AGAlN ABOUT THIS STUFF.

OMG OMG OMG LIEK I CANT UPDAT CUZ IT IZ TELLIN ME TAHT I AHVE VERZION 2.70.
Um, you can't downgrade 2.70 (or any version above 2.00), so it is simple why you can't "update".

I have version 1.50, and I want to update to 2.00+, but my PSP won't let me; it says that my version is already up to date.
This means that you have used a version changer to trick your firmware version into being higher than it is. Use a version changer to change it back to update. I STRONGLY recommend using the same program to change your version back.

I tried updating with a UMD, but the update froze in the middle of the update, and now my PSP won't turn on.
You're out of luck. I also recommend always using a Memory Stick to update because a small scratch or speck of dust could throw of the update and toss your PSP into oblivion.

I am trying to update from 1.50 to 2.00+, and the update starts, but I can't see anything on the update screen except a header bar, the background picture, the asura effect, and a picture of the X and O buttons. WTF?
Well, this has to do with modified settings (done with flash modification software like PSPset and X-Flash) that is not interpreted by newer versions. The only ways to solve this problem are either to bluescreen (cause a settings error) or to go to Settings > System Settings > Restore default settings. This will create "fresh" system.dreg/system.ireg files, and you will be able to update.

I am trying to run a game that requires 2.00 and I tricked my version, but I get an error (FFFFFFD3) after the game starts loading.
You must use a specialized game loader to run such games as GTA, SOCOM, etc. without updating. New security causes this problem.

Kaiser
May 30th, 2006, 04:06
Well done IndianCheese

If you add a bit more detail to it I will gladly sticky this.

motz
May 30th, 2006, 07:26
Nice tutorial. :)

Zion
May 30th, 2006, 20:45
Good tutorial!