PDA

View Full Version : over heating on import dc

bobafett
July 9th, 2004, 10:56
i have a black usa sega sports edition dc console, i have taken the power board out, and replaced with an english power supply ( no need for step down )
however, the console runs really hot, any ideas???

quzar
July 9th, 2004, 17:46
my sports DC runs really hot too, even though i added a heatpiping system from an older DC into it. i dunno why.

bobafett
July 10th, 2004, 12:36
maybe just bad american craftmanship???
im not too woried, as long as it doesnt blow up whilst my son is playing it

mattthemodder
July 11th, 2004, 08:25
Did you clean out all the dust? Most DC's run hot, does it get so hot that it crashes?

bobafett
July 11th, 2004, 13:04
ive given a thorough clean several times, games dont crash, but sometimes games wont load, although that only happens with the cdr`s

vipor231
July 11th, 2004, 20:50
hey bobafett that happens to my regular non sport dc american console too.sometimes games dont load and it goes to the memory card screen.its weird... i think there are some buggy dreamcasts out there...kinda late now to fix that seeing the dc is not on segas mind anymore...

tinku
July 12th, 2004, 00:01
keep an eye on it m8, my DC went up in smoke black american sports pack, had to renew the psu for some reason it just got very very hot then poof !

this was a new machine.

tinku :o

Eric
July 12th, 2004, 08:40
wow its very funny how peoples machines seem to not be working including people who have just let it in the dust and then decided using it again cause they never heard about the dcscene i hear a lot of people complaining about the fan and motor my dc is from 2000 i bought it in 2002 just as the dreamcast was cancelling and seems to work just fine except for the loading but i think thats normal

bobafett
July 12th, 2004, 10:49
ive had a pal dc from day one, and that never over heats or crashes, and im lucky to be able to still buy games direct from japan to play on this fantastic machine. the dreamcast has more killer apps than any other 128bit console.