View Full Version : If I were to mod my PS2 slim, what would be the most ideal method to do it?
October 25th, 2009, 18:03
I've been a lurker for quite a long time, I thought I thanked various OPs for providing tutorials before, weird... 1 post...
So MEMOR32, or momento 32 would be the best way to play back-up games on one's ps2?
What do you guys think would be the best?
I am not new to modding, I can follow guides and such.
I just want to know which is the best chip or technique out there to play the copied games.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you. :)
p.s. I just recently bought a ps2 slim, after having my old ps2 for a long time, it died, my brother was the one who modded my old one.
November 3rd, 2009, 08:48
It probably doesn't work on the brand spanking new ones (90000 series), though.
January 4th, 2010, 13:44
Hi guys, I just found out yesterday that my PS-TWO (PS2 slim version of 900001 9c) was incompatible with FreeMcBoot.
I searched far and wide on the internet for something that would work to play my backup games, and this seems to be the product: INFECTUS 2
InFeCtuS2 is the first versatile modchip ever released in the market, created to work with many different consoles.
We developed this modchip with an OPEN concept, we use a CORE reprogrammable, a 512kb flash on board and an USB interface for the PC communication.
The hardware has a very HIGH QUALITY component design:
* The core of INFECTUS is the new ACTEL ProASIC3 FAMILY, the new family after the famous APA075 used in the past in many PS2 projects.
* We used a 512Kb parallel flash SSTSF040, with a high transfer rate and performance.
* Finally, we have got a REAL USB2.0 processor. This high quality component can manage the communication between ACTEL and PC (mini usb connector).
* All of the chip PLD/FLASH/USB parts are 100% reprogrammable via USB communication.
* For security reasons, all of the applications stored in the flash are AES 128-bit encrypted, to protect our work against chinese market!
* The project is produced in Europe with the last technology of BSDL testing.
The new Infectus modchip
Being InFeCtuS so versatile, we want to show you at least a little part of its features, ordered by console.
* X360 CPU TIME ATTACK + DOWNGRADE DASHBOARD (necessary downgrade ADDON)
* Allows to gain total access over the XBOX360 flash driver, so that you can read and write the internal flash of any X360 DVD READER in the market.
Everything can be managed with a very simple and user friendly PC software.
* COMPLETE SUPPORT OF BENQ DRIVERS
* FLASH ID realtime patching, your xbox360 cannot understand if there is any flash running other than the original one.
* GLOBE MODCHIP 360 100% emulation including ON / OFF LED
* The first work to be done is to allow our users to flash directly the PS3 BIOS by USB. So no more problem with firmwares, you can install everything you want, when you want. All the complications due to firmware versions that cannot be downgraded will not bother you anymore.
* Another new feature that we want to add is a REAL TIME patching of the firmware part that you want to be emulated from the chip. Being the 512Kb flash not enough to store a real dual firmware, we'll have to wait for the first hacked firmware to understand if a "realtime" patching will be possible. In case we won't be able to find more ideas, a new version of Infectus with a memory expantion bay will be released.
* Complete O2 MODCHIP emulation 100% with all functionalities (www.o2mod.com) - Included for FREE
* WII D2C 13 wire modchip, implemented on INFECTUS the ARGON firmware
The possibility to manage the features using an easy software is one of the BIG advantages of this modchip solution!
* WIZARD help for the users: you will simply follow software's instruction step by step, everyone would be able to install and manage the INFECTUS MOD.
* When you will be ready to install INFECTUS on a DVD DRIVE 078 XBOX360 FIRMWARE, the software will assist you with a 100% automated extraction of the key and the patch of new firmware.
* WIZARD configuration based on XML for an automatical update of last firmwares.
* X360 FIRMWARE checksum, the software will tell you if you are actually using the correct firmware (this feature is only available in WIZARD procedure)
* HELP section to allow an easy searching of X360 firmwares
Would this chip currently be my solution since my PS2 slim is a version of 900001 9c?
January 5th, 2010, 22:19
Swap Magic and the lid... Like mine... I also have a screen (there are pictures somewhere?). :cool:
February 13th, 2010, 06:47
I personally like HDadvance
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.