PDA

View Full Version : PSOne emulator

GSA1508
May 30th, 2006, 15:29
I just hope nobody kills me for asking this. I`d been trying to read more about this subject trought the endless sea of information on this forum; and accesing directly to the PSOne emu link; but so far the info and version is quite "old".

I also got the chance one day to see a small thread about people talking about that SONY anounced their own PSOne emulator; and therefore everybody started to discuss the issue and risks of copyrights if sony did this.

BUT at the end for all of us newbies and "programing-impaired"; is not trully clear.

IT is possible to create a PSOne emu? Is out there somebody working on it? and /or is there a legal problem with that due SONY is "working" on their own emulator??????:confused:

Again. Sorry if somebody already answered this question but I really could not find any previous thread to cover fully this subject.

Thanks in advance for a proper answer.

10shu
May 30th, 2006, 17:02
there always copyright issus with emulator...most of the time is tolerated but the all thing is illegal.. if u buy a snes game it is made to run on snes and u cannot change is media or run it on an other machine legally...
all thoses old game are still a source of income for game company...just look at how many classic compilation get release...

I think pacmanfan was working on a ps1 emu (maybe it was somebody else...).but it take time to make something like that playable and maybe he stop working on it since sony work on one...

kyle2194
May 30th, 2006, 22:53
Umm, the above is wrong. Emulators are legal. Playing games you own is legal. Downloading games you dont own, and running them in emulators is ILLEGAL.

Shadowblind
May 30th, 2006, 23:01
Apparently, a legal issue marked that what kyle just said is true...

coo
May 30th, 2006, 23:28
you can oly have a rom if you own the cart or disc, if you don't you have to delete the rom in 24 hours

infernomax
May 30th, 2006, 23:34
you can oly have a rom if you own the cart or disc, if you don't you have to delete the rom in 24 hours

That's what rom sites tell you so they dont look illegal... i believe the above is wrong, even playing a game you dont own for the first 24hours after u still DL it is illegal

Zion
May 30th, 2006, 23:37
Anythings possbile man. PSXforall is being ported to the psp (i think) and sony are making one so yeah!

And i think if sony think it's possible....so should we!

scottyboynow
May 31st, 2006, 13:36
Roms Are just Crap coz They are Illegal and When You Play them You Feel Cheated I Like The Feeling When You Spend 25 Quid To Get A Game On my PSP Its Alot Better Than Getting a £250000 hefty Fine For Copyrighting so dont bother. but i am just making a point i am not being horrible to the opinion of the starter of this post.

GSA1508
May 31st, 2006, 14:00
OK,OK .... lets please take aside the facts of ROM usage and the legal concepts of them .... I was never intended to get this thread went this direction (dont want get banned):D . So.... still my main question remains OPEN ....has anybody any idea why PSOne emulator has not progressed or if somebody is still working on one?.

Personally I do not beleive that sony will really create an emulators where you can use your original PS1 CD:s to get the ROM and play with it!; I do beleive that Sony will create a plataform where you can use their own games (you will download them trough a pay system) but they will not be "real" PS1 games; but a re-adaptation of them to fit into PSP plataform ...... I`m sorry if I sound stupid, but for me, THAT is not EMULATION ... what do you think?:confused: